If you could only save 1 piece of gear . . .

Amps and electronics come and go, but a great guitar is forever, so my Wayne Charvel California Woody. Best playing guitar I own.

My wine red Les Paul. Best damn playing guitar I’ve had in my hands in my life. All of the amps and everything else would just have to burn.
Id say my Les Paul custom. Its’s too unique given the color, being quite heavy, and having a thicker neck for the era. And I’d be in a rage for months if I had to fork over current custom prices for a replacement.

Yeah if my norlin LPC never got stolen, I would have a serious choice to make

@glpg80 you could always tune your own amp again though, some of us don't have that luxury lol
The guitars that I've built, that I didn't sell 10-15 years ago. If only one, it would be a koa liberty model. I bought the wood in Kauai (ocean salvaged) and had to sit on it until the moisture content was good.

I carved a dolphin in the volute. My wife took a photo of the dolphin while out on a charter.

When I retire I will build again, though I doubt any others will be this sentimental.

Looks absolutely killer man, love the body shape too! Somewhere between a knaggs kenai and a kiesel scb but totally it's own thing

How many are in my hypothetical family? I’m trying to figure out how many trips for each.

The ‘13 LP Std. It just fits.

This is EXACTLY why my stuff is in 4 different houses and a storage unit spread out around the DFW area.
I refuse the premise of the question...mainly because I don't want to offend any of my guitars or amps.
They are already a bunch of prissy bitches.

This is EXACTLY why my stuff is in 4 different houses and a storage unit spread out around the DFW area.
I refuse the premise of the question...mainly because I don't want to offend any of my guitars or amps.
They are already a bunch of prissy bitches.

I already am getting the sweats thinking my BCR Ignitor supreme is gonna get pissed about the Larry and break a random string at my next gig

Wine red LP Traditional. Besides sentimental value, when I wore the first set of frets out, I had it refretted with jumbo stainless, replaced all of the electronics and went with 50's wiring, and put a JB in the bridge. Nothing has ever come close to knocking it out of the #1 spot.

Wine red LP Traditional. Besides sentimental value, when I wore the first set of frets out, I had it refretted with jumbo stainless, replaced all of the electronics and went with 50's wiring, and put a JB in the bridge. Nothing has ever come close to knocking it out of the #1 spot.
Got a pic?

Yeah if my norlin LPC never got stolen, I would have a serious choice to make

@glpg80 you could always tune your own amp again though, some of us don't have that luxury lol

Looks absolutely killer man, love the body shape too! Somewhere between a knaggs kenai and a kiesel scb but totally it's own thing

What you don’t know about my 74 is that there are some super rare af components in it that cannot be found anymore. I’d be sad lol

Sadly very few pieces of my gear can be replaced. That being said, it would be a toss up between my mark iic+ & Klon. I could probably manage bringing both if there was a fire lol. The Klon takes the amp to a new level that none of my other pedals or a ++ mod can do

What you don’t know about my 74 is that there are some super rare af components in it that cannot be found anymore. I’d be sad lol

Everyone has their number one

For me, I can make a ton of guitars work

A good Les Paul, or a good bc rich? I'm golden

Amps though, I've noticed certain amps have a magic that isn't easily replicated

Attachments

• 20190323_133643.jpg
    20190323_133643.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 20
Back