EVERYONE IS DRINKING THE REVERB KOOLAID

BRENTrocks

What is it with people being so scared of Reverb?

I mean, come on! Are they afraid that the Reverb police are gonna come into the house in the middle of the night and slit their throats?

It seems like every time I send someone a message, and say, hey man, I’ll do a cash deal, private deal, you don’t have to pay Reverb fees I don’t have to pay sales tax. It’s a win-win!

Everybody always messages back, oh, no, we can’t do that! I might get in trouble with Reverb!

Fuck Reverb! Fuck Reverb‘s high fees!

That’s why this place is cool and you have folks kind of vetted especyif you have been on for a long time. Reverb is just a market and no one knows anyone from Adam. I get it but I, like you Brent, would love to be off reverb. Honestly, the best deals are made in person…. I’ve done lots of deals that I buy shit in person. Gear, Guns, etc etc….

Because they close your account and request you still pay them their fee...

As much as people want to bash Reverb, stuff still sells way faster there than anywhere else.

Why would someone risk the primary outlet for selling their gear, especially if they're not a part of the small percentage of people on music forums?

That’s why this place is cool and you have folks kind of vetted especyif you have been on for a long time. Reverb is just a market and no one knows anyone from Adam. I get it but I, like you Brent, would love to be off reverb. Honestly, the best deals are made in person…. I’ve done lots of deals that I buy shit in person. Gear, Guns, etc etc….

This

Every single person I've dealt with has been legit, even if something doesn't go as planned

@BRENTrocks I hear you loud and clear. Reverb is actually pretty chill compared to eBay. Asking someone in a PM on Reverb can potentially open a can of worms. On eBay, they use automation to scan messages and catch shared personal contact info. It is a big no-no there.

On Reverb, your best bet is to tell the seller you have a question about the item they're selling. Make sure to include your phone number in the message and politely ask them to give you a call. Whatever you discuss on that call is up to you and/or seller.

BUT WHAT REALLY CHAPS MY @$$ is this stupid IRS reporting of transactions over $600. I can't tell you how many awesome deals I've lost due to this stupid $h!t. All politics aside, I really hope this gets reverted back to the old ways. Reporting all that stuff is next to impossible.

What is it with people being so scared of Reverb?

I mean, come on! Are they afraid that the Reverb police are gonna come into the house in the middle of the night and slit their throats?

It seems like every time I send someone a message, and say, hey man, I’ll do a cash deal, private deal, you don’t have to pay Reverb fees I don’t have to pay sales tax. It’s a win-win!

Everybody always messages back, oh, no, we can’t do that! I might get in trouble with Reverb!

Fuck Reverb! Fuck Reverb‘s high fees!
Here's the reality of it Brent and I've said this before. The audience is WaaaaaY bigger and the pockets seem to be deeper from the Reverb folks . I don't like to buy off of Reverb for all the aforementioned reasons of fees and taxes and I've bought quite a bit off of here from forumites and haven't had one problem but selling on here is another story and I have nothing but good stuff usually priced fairly .

I noticed when you sell on here stuff it's pretty much priced where it should and most of it sells but this is still a much smaller audience without the variety of gear to buy that Reverb has .

@Panhead5 you're 💯 right. You're paying for the privilege of selling to Reverb's large user base.

Their platform has a better User Interface than others, which means more eyeballs and a higher likelihood of item selling.

Just wish CME still owned it. They were a lot easier to deal with as a seller and were fairly reasonable with their fees.

The $600 barrier tax reporting law was pushed off another year.
@Warmart my understanding is that it is under review for 2023. A good number of used market sellers are requesting cash only local deals.

I’ve also ran into quite a few people willing to ship but want PayPal F&F or Zelle. It sounds like a good recipe for scams.

Back