NGD Charvel Dk24

kmanick

I grabbed this from Greg over in the Classifieds last week. I've been on an Ibanez RG binge, looking for a 24 fret floyded guitar to gig with
now that my USA Jacksons have appreciated so much I am not taking them out to gigs any longer (they are mint I want to keep them that way).

So I went on an Ibanez RG binge looking for something I can gig with and not completely worry about them getting stolen or dinged up etc.
Well that hasn't worked out as well as I had hoped, I don't hate them but none of them (maybe my 2560MZEX) are probably going to stay.
I think I just prefer a 12-16" radius and a neck shape with a little more shoulder to it. So I walked into the Axe Palace in Walpole a couple of weeks ago and they had some of these Infinity Blue DK's so i noodled around on a couple and thought "ya this feels more like home", So when Greg Listed his for such a great price I couldn't resist. I've got it dialed in , really oiled the fret board (guitar honey soaked it up) and it looks like I will be selling off all of my Ibanez RGs.

I already have a DK24 Dark amber that is a shred machine but I've been looking specifically for a 24 fret H/S/S to gig with.

I don't love the pickups in this but I don't hate them either, I'll have to try it at a rehearsal before I make any changes but I do have a Suhr Aldrich and a Dimarzio heavy Blues II I could throw in the neck, with a push pull pot to split the Aldrich. the color is pretty bold , I'm going to have to get used to it LOL!
any way on to the pics.
ch full.jpg

couch 1.jpg

the 2 Dks together

both.jpg

Last edited:
I own USA DK24's and love them ! Total go to guitar that plays and sounds great . I wish they had a USA DK22 because the build quality on the 24's is so good.

I've been gigging a DK24 2pt for several years now and it's been great, total workhorse. Funny, I put a heavy blues 2 in the neck as well...perfect with a bridge bucker and no noise at gigs!

Dropped off yesterday at the Axe Palace
Aldich going in the bridge with a push pull pot , a Heavy Blues II in the neck and the wiring going back to normal H/S/S
plus the Brass block Greg included in the box when I got it. The full shred is too fizzy and thin and although I like the sound of the singles they are a little under powered. I don't know what the middle single sounds like on it's own so I left it in there (at least for now) if I don't like it I've got a couple of Duncan Classic stack +'s laying around I can swap in.

I got one today too! Too cheap to pass up, and I actually got a good one! I've had bad luck with Charvels, but after doing a set-up with .010's, getting the action and relief just right, I couldn't put the damn thing down! The Distortions rip, and not a flaw to be found. Even the fine tuners are smooth. Mexicans did a good job on this one!

20230125_204554.jpg

Picked this up today with the new pickups in it and the wiring re done to more traditional pickup switching.
the Suhr Aldrich sounds killer in this thing , much fuller than the Full shred it came with.
Now that I can run the middle pickup on it's own in position 3 I must say the stock single sounds great on it's own and blended with the Aldrich
and the Heavy blues II I put in the neck as well. the Heavy blues II and the duncan 1/4 pounder are my 2 favorite neck "singles"
I've got a 1/4 pounder in all 3 of my other H/s/s guitars so I went with the dimarzio on this one. It' a bit brighter than the 1/4 pounder but eats up gain really well.

Man I actually really like that infinity blue with the ebony board. I also do not like the Full Shred. It has to be one of the blandest, most uninspiring sounding pickups Duncan makes.

Back