EVERYONE IS DRINKING THE REVERB KOOLAID

What is it with people being so scared of Reverb?

I mean, come on! Are they afraid that the Reverb police are gonna come into the house in the middle of the night and slit their throats?

It seems like every time I send someone a message, and say, hey man, I’ll do a cash deal, private deal, you don’t have to pay Reverb fees I don’t have to pay sales tax. It’s a win-win!

Everybody always messages back, oh, no, we can’t do that! I might get in trouble with Reverb!

Fuck Reverb! Fuck Reverb‘s high fees!

Amen. I do it all the time. No tax for buyer. No fees for seller. And as a seller, I'm more apt to negotiate since I'm no longer losing $$$$.

@Bossman415 this was just a few months ago in November, so after Etsy bought them. There is 0 customer service now. No phone to call, just an automated bot to message, then, if the bot can’t answer your question it forwards it to a real person that will contact you within 5 days. Awesome platform to use until there’s a problem.
@loganflynn294 what a bunch of bull$h!t. It pisses me off to hear they did you, or anyone else like that.

I had a similar claim with Reverb under the CME days. I sold a Bogner Twin Jet and used Reverbs shipping label & insured it.

Somehow the amp got manhandled and arrived damaged. Thankfully I had a cool buyer who understood I was on it to make it right and was willing to be patient.

It took 2 weeks to get it ironed out and CME ended up eating the cost because I bought the label & insurance through them.

I used to love buying/selling on Reverb until UPS damaged and then “lost” an amp I sold. Reverb refused to stand by their “Safe Shipping” program that they forced me to buy cause UPS gave them some line about the amp not being packaged properly. So Reverb refunded the buyer and thinks I’m gonna pay them the $2200 that they refunded him! So now my account is froze, can’t even browse unless I log out of my account. Oh well… FB marketplace and forums are still great for buying/selling gear but Reverb was great for reaching a wider audience and for the “protection” I THOUGHT I had…
That's fucked up.

@napalmdeath totally! I’ve been a lurker on a ton of forums for years, don’t really have much of a reputation anywhere to really buy and sell in classifieds, same for FB groups. So now I gotta start over and find a new avenue to sell stuff.

@napalmdeath totally! I’ve been a lurker on a ton of forums for years, don’t really have much of a reputation anywhere to really buy and sell in classifieds, same for FB groups. So now I gotta start over and find a new avenue to sell stuff.

Same here.. I've got a ton of positive Ebay seller feedback shipping all kinds of high dollar stuff (guitars, amps, etc.), but I pretty much quit selling there when the internet tax thing was implemented. I've got some more recent seller feedback on Reverb, but I stopped that at the end of 2021 in order not to get hit with the 1099 mess that was supposed to have started in 2022. So, most all of my seller feedback out there is well over a year old and I could see where someone would be skeptical of using that to guage my trustworthyness.

Could not agree more Brent. I think reverb has people looking to do shady shit just as reverb does by spying on you, hacking your personal info that Fuckerberg opened the door too and it's now ok for any entity to track spam and listen to your conversations even. I had a deal that fucked reverb just like they deserved. Reverb honored a guy selling a product who didn't have paypal. I filled dispute with PayPal, reverb failed to respond and awarded me the cash back and I still had the gear. They failed to respond to the dispute. To busy making $ I guess. I can understand someone being cautious. But thinking reverb is going to save the day is quite delusional

I sold my metroplex through reverb and will have to claim it on my taxes this year.
On this, is it accurate you only have to report if a profit is made and its over 600 for each year? Makes sense, your spending taxed income and not being a store or a business, however ain't wanting to hear from those 87, 000 Biden the ultimate man behind the curtain has hired

Just want to randomly say this new IRS $600 tax rule is absolutely horrible. I sincerely hope we get these bozos out of power than inacted it.

It has literally cost me 2 Mark IIC DRG amps that sellers were going to sell to me for under $3k, but refused to take any form of online payment.

Sorry but blindly sending PayPal F&F, Money Orders, or Checks ain't a good recipe! Been burned a couple times to know better than that.

R.7ddc146564ef5aafe648a8768d34ffd9

What is it with people being so scared of Reverb?

I mean, come on! Are they afraid that the Reverb police are gonna come into the house in the middle of the night and slit their throats?

It seems like every time I send someone a message, and say, hey man, I’ll do a cash deal, private deal, you don’t have to pay Reverb fees I don’t have to pay sales tax. It’s a win-win!

Everybody always messages back, oh, no, we can’t do that! I might get in trouble with Reverb!

Fuck Reverb! Fuck Reverb‘s high fees!
I agree. I told a guy I would do a cash deal and he accused me of being a scammer. I said, “dude, I will hand you cash money, and then you can hand me the gear!?” (Pointed out he would get more cash and no fees would be taken) This somehow heightened his paranoia and he had some sort of bizarre freak out talking about counterfeit money. I said, “ok guy, why don’t we do the deal in front of a police station or bank and you can run in and check if it’s real!?” He said he wasn’t comfortable doing that type of deal. I pointed out that no matter what deal he did on reverb, that in the end it comes down to him receiving cash. He immediately broke off all contact with me.

In fact, the maniacal team at reverb and the paranoid culture they’ve created is ruthless and they strike the fear of god in their customers. (The mentally deficient customers which it turns out are shockingly quite numerous) This dumb ass I was dealing with, and yes, he was a true dumb ass, had become a bumbling fool because of reverb and their policies. He was too scared to sell his gear outside of god damned reverb.

Unbelievable……..

On this, is it accurate you only have to report if a profit is made and its over 600 for each year? Makes sense, your spending taxed income and not being a store or a business, however ain't wanting to hear from those 87, 000 Biden the ultimate man behind the curtain has hired

Yeah that’s correct - it’s taxable federal income and I do plan to claim it on my taxes for various reasons. Really I overshot the sales price expecting a more expensive shipping cost and made money on reduced shipping through reverb which I didn’t expect. So because it was unexpected income I’ll gladly claim it and pay taxes on it since I wasn’t expecting it anyway.

We pay sales tax in MD on goods and services over $600. I used F&F to pay for my Les Paul but will likely still claim it on my state taxes as a purchase of a big item again out of caution just due to the dollar amount involved.

Back