**SOLD** Wizard MC25

That1Guy

This is an early model (2012-2016) with a clean bill of health and updates from Rick as of August. What updates you might ask? Great question and I'd love to know as well...since the service Rick hasn't responded as to what it is exactly he did...classic Rick! There aren't many flaws and I did my best to picture what I could find. Includes a KoolKat 4 way foot switch and power cable.

SOLD $3,300

IMG_3192.jpeg

Last edited:
Think that's my old amp...he probably put the Black Cat Mod in there (pull rhythm volume to engage) and likely installed the updated board. I will say of the 3 MC25's I've had that was for sure the most aggressive sounding one, and that was in its original mode without any updates. Killer amp

Think that's my old amp...he probably put the Black Cat Mod in there (pull rhythm volume to engage) and likely installed the updated board. I will say of the 3 MC25's I've had that was for sure the most aggressive sounding one, and that was in its original mode without any updates. Killer amp
I'm pretty sure it is your old amp and I don't know about before/after but it spits fire. You have to be right about the black cat mod because there is a pull boost on the rhythm channel but anything else Rick did is as mysterious as he is to me.

I'm pretty sure it is your old amp and I don't know about before/after but it spits fire. You have to be right about the black cat mod because there is a pull boost on the rhythm channel but anything else Rick did is as mysterious as he is to me.
Well there should also be an additional unlabeled boost, try pulling out the rhythm channel master volume, if installed that's the mod I'm talking about :cool: That adds buckets of gain to that channel.

Well there should also be an additional unlabeled boost, try pulling out the rhythm channel master volume, if installed that's the mod I'm talking about :cool: That adds buckets of gain to that channel.
No push/pull rhythm vol master pot so I can only assume no Black Cat Mod. Just as a point of clarity for anyone paying attention. I wasn't expecting much out of that channel when I got it because you obviously buy these for the lead channel (at least I did) but the cleans/Edge of breakup are shockingly good.

No push/pull rhythm vol master pot so I can only assume no Black Cat Mod. Just as a point of clarity for anyone paying attention. I wasn't expecting much out of that channel when I got it because you obviously buy these for the lead channel (at least I did) but the cleans/Edge of breakup are shockingly good.
I’ll confirm that the Black Cat mod ain’t no big deal, and that the edge of breakup tones on the rhythm channel in the amp for sale here are phenomenal. It was my Tele go to tone when I had it

What kind of financing do you do?

😭😭😭😭😭😭 That's what I thought good luck with the sale! I can only go by what Steve has said about this amp but Steve just like me and quite a few others on this forum was a gear flipping freak and he's had his for years now and still says it's the best amp he's ever owned and that's saying a lot about these things!

What kind of financing do you do?
😭😭😭😭😭😭 That's what I thought good luck with the sale! I can only go by what Steve has said about this amp but Steve just like me and quite a few others on this forum was a gear flipping freak and he's had his for years now and still says it's the best amp he's ever owned and that's saying a lot about these things!
I bet your bank would give you a loan for used gear :ROFLMAO: but really, it IS a fantastic amp and as a testament to that I just want a bigger (Hybrid) version of it. It feels ludicrous to say that all I can afford is like 5k worth of Wizard but it's true. Also true, is that I'm open to reasonable offers! 🫣

lamest bump ever. Nothing like a children's fairy tale reference to promote a hard rock/verge of metal amp...

Don't be a bitch witch. If you have a brain you should gather your courage, oil up your fingers, and pull back the curtain on this Wizard to find great tones in your no place like home.

Here’s a clip of this very amp pre whatever updates Rick did...plugged straight in, nothing else going except verb in the loop that I turn off towards the end....gain was at about 2:00, no boost.

Back