So this past Saturday Night I played our first gig of the year using my fully Restored Ibanez RG2560MZEX Jalen for the win!!!!

kmanick

We've been on hiatus for a a couple of months (I had some medical issues to deal with ) and now we are back at it.
I used my Les Paul and the Aforementioned Ibanez.
We played 3 45 minutes sets, of 70's 80's 90's rock (no metal) ranging From Atlanta rhythm section to Rainbow to Autograph to Allman Bros. to Night Ranger to Wings, to Collective Soul to "the Fix" to Pat Travers to SVR to J Geils to the usual Led Zep, Bad Company Aerosmith etc.
We do a lot of Deep cuts (the whole purpose of the band is to play songs by bands everyone knows but no one seems to cover).
But this post isn't self promoting it's hopefully informative.
So a few months ago I snared a rare RG2560MZEX in Crimson Red with a maple board. I've never seem another one in Red with maple so maybe a limited Japan only run. Someone had swapped the pickguard to a H/S/H so I ordered a new pick guard from Perle guitars cut as a H/S/S.
Pick ups? what to do
I decided to roll the dice and try a Jalen FW(fair Warning) for the bridge, a Duncan Classic Stack + in the middle and a Duncan 1/4 Pounder in the neck.
I dropped it off with my tech and he set it up for me with a push pull pot to split the Jalen and clean up some of the corrosion on the metal.
Well I've got to say with these 3 pick ups, I could've played the entire night just using the RG. This Jalen pick up is fantastic, like a smoother tighter JB but still loose and jangly enough to not sound too modern. It blended really well with the Classic stack + and output wise match really well with the 1/4 pounder (probably my favorite neck single coil). I think I'm a convert :)
Any way point being this thing is very versatile, it splits great blends well with a single and can sound balls out when needed, I strongly recommend anyone looking for an affordable alternative to the JB try one of these. Great price , he shipped quickly and it came in a little custom box with my name on it :)
smaller pic.jpg

Last edited:
We've been on hiatus for a a couple of months (I had some medical issues to deal with ) and now we are back at it.
I used my Les Paul and the Aforementioned Ibanez.
We played 3 45 minutes sets, of 70's 80's 90's rock (no metal) ranging From Atlanta rhythm section to Rainbow to Autograph to Allman Bros. to Night Ranger to Wings, to Collective Soul to "the Fix" to Pat Travers to SVR to J Geils to the usual Led Zep, Bad Company Aerosmith etc.
We do a lot of Deep cuts (the whole purpose of the band is to play songs by bands everyone knows but no one seems to cover).
But this post isn't self promoting it's hopefully informative.
So a few months ago I snared a rare RG2560MZEX in Crimson Red with a maple board. I've never seem another one in Red with maple so maybe a limited Japan only run. Someone had swapped the pickguard to a H/S/H so I ordered a new pick guard from Perle guitars cut as a H/S/S.
Pick ups? what to do
I decided to roll the dice and try a Jalen FW(fair Warning) for the bridge, a Duncan Classic Stack + in the middle and a Duncan 1/4 Pounder in the neck.
I dropped it off with my tech and he set it up for me with a push pull pot to split the Jalen and clean up some of the corrosion on the metal.
Well I've got to say with these 3 pick ups, I could've played the entire night just using the RG. This Jalen pick up is fantastic, like a smoother tighter JB but still loose and jangly enough to not sound too modern. It blended really well with the Classic stack + and output wise match really well with the 1/4 pounder (probably my favorite neck single coil). I think I'm a convert :)
Any way point being this thing is very versatile, it splits great blends well with a single and can sound balls out when needed, I strongly recommend anyone looking for an affordable alternative to the JB try one of these. Great price , he shipped quickly and it came in a little custom box with my name on it :)
View attachment 154981
What wings song did you play ? We did the version of live and let die but went the GNR version. It’s good but the crowd looks at us like we have rectums coming out of our foreheads. I love it

Nice guitar, but it's almost sacrilegious to see an Ibanez with Duncans instead of DiMarzios :) I put a Quarter Pound in one of my custom guitars the other day and I dig it to far.

Cool guitar! Is that the latest iteration of Ibanez’s lo profile floyd on there? Looks beefy (that’s what she said).

I love the quarter pounder. I can't think of anything that pairs as well with a humbucker. Maybe the chopper but even then, it just doesn't have the squish and juiciness off the quarter pounder.

Back