Reverb Canada- I'm done with them. Taxing Used now

This is infuriating as a Ontarian in Canada. New sales tax fine, but on a used item?? Horseshit, we already paid the fkn tax and this is people allowing it and gov taxing more. If people stood up against it, they would back off.

Yowza Cats!! It's been a couple years since I'd done business on Reverb, but just this past week - decided to do a substantial purge in one of my studio spaces. I had my old Reverb account and went through the painstaking process of taking all these nifty awesome photos and the like, and then awoke this morning to a cat who just outright "purchased" one of my items and on the transaction breakdown I see "45.50 TAX". So I get a hold of the Buyer and I'm like "dude, wait, this isn't right - this was bought years ago by me and I paid taxes on it, and it's used, and it's for personal use, and we're all within Canada here" - he was cool - said he'd stay in a holding pattern with his funds in Reverb and my ability to issue a refund until I got "clarity" on the tax matter from Reverb. Seems to me after hours of scrolling on the net, there's no way to get around this anymore - I just find it hard to digest that something can continuously get taxed every time it trades hands. Makes no sense to me whatsoever.

If this is the case - I've already told Reverb I'll have to revoke my listings as I just don't wanna deal with taxes even though it's then who's doing the taxing and the Buyers who are paying it. It's not any extra work for me unless I break $30K in sales, which I won't for the items up for grabs. But it's the principal that has me pissed - I feel bad for the Buyer. Or Buyers. If they're gonna get bent over like this - I have to find a way to advertise my wares on sites that aren't going to scribble taxes down on sales of personally used items being sold for personal use as a used item.

Here's my link in the meantime: https://reverb.com/ca/shop/mos-gear-locker-7

Sadly nothing Reverb can do about it, it’s the tax laws and it’s considered a store. It’s no different if you bought the used gear at your local pawn shop or Long and McQuade, it gets taxed.
I’ve been sticking to local in person sales nowadays via Kijiji.
I do have a U.S. shipping address at the border in Port Huron if I want to buy from a Reverb seller in the US and pick it up and take my chances at the border customs.

Back