GC is killing it!

Lmao, what even is that like a $99 Mitchell Acoustic? And he grabbed it on the way out the door...he must have played Stairway. Saddest part is those employees stopping that shitbag will probably be sued and lose their job and pay him money in a civil suit.

Anyways, here's "Wonderwall".

3cCALT3.gif

What REALLY happened was he refused the extended buyer protection program and was just trying to get home to start practicing with his beginner guitar and was tired of their shifty salesman tactics. This is going to start happening to all of us. One day it's a guitar, the next it's just a pack of strings. If we don't get that protection coverage, we're all getting our asses kicked.

What REALLY happened was he refused the extended buyer protection program and was just trying to get home to start practicing with his beginner guitar and was tired of their shifty salesman tactics. This is going to start happening to all of us. One day it's a guitar, the next it's just a pack of strings. If we don't get that protection coverage, we're all getting our asses kicked.
Are you saying that he was actually about to buy the guitar only to get his ass whooped because he refused buyer protection? :unsure:

I was in a GC and a guy was trading in a bunch or guitars. He told the salesman he was keeping some bags and cases. The salesman walked to the back to make a copy of his license. I seen the guy looking all around the store, but he didn't see me. I watched him grab a USA Strat put it in his case and close it. The salesman came back and the guy said he was gonna go put th case in his car while he waits on his check. I spoke up. The guy didn't know what to say. He said he was checking to see if it fit in the case and forgot it was still in there. Anyway I ended up getting a $200 Gift Certificate from GC.

mma man in the red shirt is probably going to get sued by the thief for assult and battery. Shit like that has happened before.

My gc hero story goes like this. A very expensive Neumann mic got stolen from GC detroit. my bandmate worked in Operations, directly under the ops manager (who this same friend later discovered was embezelling funds, and got him fired/arrested but thats another thread), and called me one day telling me about how they had the expensive mic case open and someone just grabbed it and dashed. I found the same mic being sold across town on craigslist THAT SAME DAY for like half of what it was worth. it seemed too obvious. I told my friend, he called the police, they set up a sting, busted the guy and it turns out they ended up finding like 20k in various stolen things at the guys place. I let my friend take all the credit for it because at the time i was paranoid about potential repercussions of "snitching", because the guy was what most people would describe as a "gangster". Detroit has this fucked up "no snitching" culture where gang members like to use the freedom of information act to find witnesses for retaliation.

That is awesome I wish they would have just used his head to open up those doors when they tossed him out!

mma man in the red shirt is probably going to get sued by the thief for assult and battery. Shit like that has happened before.

My gc hero story goes like this. A very expensive Neumann mic got stolen from GC detroit. my bandmate worked in Operations, directly under the ops manager (who this same friend later discovered was embezelling funds, and got him fired/arrested but thats another thread), and called me one day telling me about how they had the expensive mic case open and someone just grabbed it and dashed. I found the same mic being sold across town on craigslist THAT SAME DAY for like half of what it was worth. it seemed too obvious. I told my friend, he called the police, they set up a sting, busted the guy and it turns out they ended up finding like 20k in various stolen things at the guys place. I let my friend take all the credit for it because at the time i was paranoid about potential repercussions of "snitching", because the guy was what most people would describe as a "gangster". Detroit has this fucked up "no snitching" culture where gang members like to use the freedom of information act to find witnesses for retaliation.
Man, that story reminds me of the time I worked at Guitar Center in Bolivia.

They caught this guy stealing a 50' SpetraFlex® cable..

giphy.gif

Back