Post a pic of your #1 all-around killer guitar

Dino 939

Banned
Hey you,
Any of you have a specific guitar that isn’t
your first pick of your arsenal by nature but
when it comes down to the brass tax..
It’s your “Hail Mary”

This one for me is this 92 TV yellow Les Paul Special.
It has Lolkar P-90’s and Rs Guitarworks pots/caps.
11’s tuned down 1/2 step,
E-flat (my preferred tuning)

It’s my “broken-in jean jacket”
At somepoint after I pick it up,
plugged in or not, I start gettin’ after it. 46AE29D2-0133-448C-974B-54CFA4105B91.jpeg
It doesn’t have a wiggle stick which can be
limiting but this things so bad-ass,
-you don’t have time to think about it.

Let’s see those hammer’s

*For the record, I owned this guitar long before the days of Beato & his signature model Special*
-technically, he’s biting MY style-

Last edited:
Depends what I'm doing...

Ibanez PS10 or PS120, or PS60. My Ibanez PS guitars are my current favs if I don't need a trem.
Jackson Warrior or Rhoads
Fender Marr Jaguar
Gittler Titanium.

I don't have pics of all of these.

Here's the Gittler and my SY-1000; the Gittler has an internal 13-pin

Gittler-SY-1000.JPG

I’m spread out pretty evenly among my guitars and don’t feel like I have a #1 anymore, but the one that gets the most use is my JEM. I use it for almost all my leads because it stands out enough on it’s own it doesn’t matter if I tracked the solo with the exact tone I tracked the rhythm with, the JEM will still sit on top of them.

It’s a ‘97 I got at Manny’s Music when I was a wee 15 year old. It was a bribe from my father and my ex-stepmother for agreeing to move to Staten Island where I had to keep their relationship a secret as we lived in the same house as her husband and two sons until my dad found his own place. (For the JEM aficionados, yes, I swapped the Lo-Pro out for an Edge back in ’99 or so)
387D70B7-A403-46D5-842D-48D3C2A9693C.jpeg

I've always wondered are 80's San Dimas' rare or why do I come across them rarely?
This one has a San Dimas plate; but was probably assembled at the Ontario shop. I forget the cutoff/serial no# but mine appears too late to really be a true SD Jackson. This has an October 1986 date in the neck pocket. You'll see USA Charvels from 83-85 with Kahlers though..Braintheory has my old HSS from 84 for sale, somewhere in the classifieds. Killer growl on that one.

Back