Most common lies you see in local for sale ads

Matt300ZXT

What do you guys see? My most common one is "one of the best playing (or sounding) guitars I've ever played". Ok, sir, if this Peavey guitar with the tip broken off the headstock is the best playing guitar you've ever played, then A: why is it for sale? Or B: have you never played anything besides Squire or Epiphones?

Another common one, "it's very versatile and sounds great". Ok, your ad mentions you've had the guitar a couple months and only played it a few times. How do you know it's versatile? You've never played multiple genres of music, done any shows or jams with friends, recorded with it, etc. How do you know?

“This Marshall is stock/original” I can see send and return labels on the back. Even worse is the guys who say it’s stock but “upgraded” all the components inside and still want top dollar.

If it’s a mesa mark every listing compares said amp to the iic+ and how similar they are, or how Metallica used one similar thus you should pay me doubble market value.

Any custom shop instrument is the best thing ever, despite only being a year or two old and for sale in pristine condition.

“This Marshall is stock/original” I can see send and return labels on the back. Even worse is the guys who say it’s stock but “upgraded” all the components inside and still want top dollar.

If it’s a mesa mark every listing compares said amp to the iic+ and how similar they are, or how Metallica used one similar thus you should pay me doubble market value.

Any custom shop instrument is the best thing ever, despite only being a year or two old and for sale in pristine condition.
This....but with a vintage JMP....'Totally stock, un modded....' then you see a pic of the chassis and the bright cap is gone, a master vol added, and a loop...'but its totally stock...'
..and the guy wants 10k because it's a 1971 Marshall.

Or, a 'USA Charvel' for 2k....has a Charvel USA sticker on the HS, but the plate is one of those Chinese clones with a 7 digit number on it....or the model series that the guy says 'its made in the USA!!' and wants 2k. No, it's not.

Back