For rack Power..Furman or ?

skoora

Wondering if just a basic PDU gets it done..ie. Basic Power strip in rack mount form or get a Furman conditioner. Just don’t want to spend stupid money when in the past I’ve seen many expensive power stops not stop damage or provide any difference from the wall regarding noise.

Radial just released some power conditioners and they seem to be a legit alternative. I picked one up recently, and it works. It has some cool features, like usb and led lighting. Check them out.

Radial just released some power conditioners and they seem to be a legit alternative. I picked one up recently, and it works. It has some cool features, like usb and led lighting. Check them out.
Will do. They’re a solid Co.

I got a juice goose and it works great. I’ve thought of power conditioner at one time but my needs don’t require it. I don’t think.

I’m going to pick up a Radial Power 1 tomorrow and see how it goes. Don’t need the shelf and light for another $90.

I use a ETA PD-8 Power Conditioner for the lower voltage rack gear and pedalboard, a Monster 2500 Power Conditioner for powering the ETA PD-8, two Crate Power Blocks.
Coming from the wall I use a Monster 1100 Power Bar , so my equipment is very, very quiet with no hum or RFI or any kind of interference .

Not trying to hijack this thread but does anyone make a rack mount power strip/source with a built in step down feature like a variac? It would be nice to drop voltages without carrying around a giant variac. I think furman might but they’re quite pricey.

Not trying to hijack this thread but does anyone make a rack mount power strip/source with a built in step down feature like a variac? It would be nice to drop voltages without carrying around a giant variac. I think furman might but they’re quite pricey.
I've never used a Variac my self, but having to have researched and read about them, they usually have 1 Output only as its to control the input voltage to a single device. So getting a power strip like device with a variac may not be possible. You may also not want to apply such thing to things like digital effects, they'll start to sound funky (and not in a good way).

Would hate for you to damage anything equipment with it if its not meant to be plugged into it.

Good luck & Cheers :giggle:(y)

Wondering if just a basic PDU gets it done..ie. Basic Power strip in rack mount form or get a Furman conditioner. Just don’t want to spend stupid money when in the past I’ve seen many expensive power stops not stop damage or provide any difference from the wall regarding noise.
About 15 or so years ago i invested money into a Furman AR-1215 Voltage Regulator/Power Conditioner and since then my tone was always consistent and always sounded full without power at different venues affecting it. It was a more than the standard power conditioner but in my opinion well worth the investment. especially with tube amps.

Cheers

About 15 or so years ago i invested money into a Furman AR-1215 Voltage Regulator/Power Conditioner and since then my tone was always consistent and always sounded full without power at different venues affecting it. It was a more than the standard power conditioner but in my opinion well worth the investment. especially with tube amps.

Cheers
My gear sounds great to me now all on a power strip from the wall. Ultimately I just needed a rack mount on and off for what will be in the rack.

My gear sounds great to me now all on a power strip from the wall. Ultimately I just needed a rack mount on and off for what will be in the rack.
If you're not looking for voltage regulator, then one of those Radial Power conditioners. 👍🏻..

If you're looking for just surge protection and cheaper cost, then look at a rack mount PDU. They'll do the job perfectly like the power bar except they're rack mount.

Just ordered my patchbay, Velcro’d up my rack drawer for the pedals. Kind of nice to have a little project right now. Unfortunately my, long in the tooth GCX audio switcher has a ground issue, so that needs to get addressed. Looking forward to wiring it all up, nice and neat. The KHE 8x4 will get in the mix eventually. Have the rack in the center with heads and cabs stacked on either side.

Just ordered my patchbay, Velcro’d up my rack drawer for the pedals. Kind of nice to have a little project right now. Unfortunately my, long in the tooth GCX audio switcher has a ground issue, so that needs to get addressed. Looking forward to wiring it all up, nice and neat. The KHE 8x4 will get in the mix eventually. Have the rack in the center with heads and cabs stacked on either side.
be sure to post pics once completed.

Power conditioner is great for rack tube amps etc when a noisy or old circuit is involved.

For something like a wireless unit and AxeFX, a power strip with surge protection is totally fine.

Back