The muscle’s of Van Halen

Dino 939

Banned
Hey you!
Man, just jamming to whatever YT mix would throw at me and suddenly the basement begins to cascade..big AVH with that welcoming wind-up,
Michael Anthony is a hell of a musician,he’s literally connected to AVH’s drumset, so solid and steady
and he know’s just the right places to emphasize
or double-down..he’s not a bass player,
-he’s a bass guitar player.
Now add-he’s literally three back-up
singer’s in one.
And then there’s the WICKED one..,
Dude’s, he solo’s like a real lead guitar player,
-no additional guitars tracked underneath for rhythm & shelter,
-he’s WICKED, goes in RAW,
fucking comsnche style,
-slices & dices the airwaves up, with the only thing left is the band emerging to kick a whole lot more ass…
DLR, I’m still not sure about that dude,
He’s a mind boggling match for Eddie’s guitar
sound.
Top of the day to ya!!

You guys need to watch this YT clip VH stories #21 there a lot of words but this dude goes into some amazing shit meeting Ed. Just tolerate the small stuff and he hits on some real power of the man himself.

Last edited:
79-82 has my favorite VH metal moments. There’s so many heavy sons like light up the sky , loss of control ,mean streat and my fav hang ‘em high . DOA has it too .

I'm not. It wasn't that but in that there is always something tangible to learn and life is about learning. If you want to ignore that aspect who am I to tell you what to do.

Jerry did one of those Ernie Ball Icon interviews and was talking about a time early in AIC when Ed came over and gave Jerry a few cabs and guitars.

Back