Look, another new Metallica song "Screaming suicide" RED MEAT!! Go attack them guys... lol

I've been a huge Metallica fan since I was 13 or sth. My all time favorite band. The massive rhythm guitar tones, the interludes and James powerful voice... Hell I even dig some St Anger riffs. Death Magnetic could have been an awesome album had it not been mixed - produced like shit. I didn't care for HW that much tho I believe it has its moments. But these 2 new songs, meh...
If James had a great tone still it would save the songs .

I'm starting to think that most bands should call it quits after their first 3 or 4 albums , rarely does it improve after that imo.
Not a big fan of Pantera, are we? :unsure: :p

While your point IMO rings true for Metallica, Slayer (exception: Divine Intervention), Anthrax and Venom, think of the shit we'd miss from say, Maiden, Priest and Pink Floyd, if they'd quit after 4 albums.

On topic: I think this song is kinda lame, while Lux Aeterna ripped.

Nope. I’m convinced you could plug in any kid from your local School of Rock and he or she would play more interesting parts, have better tone, and better technique than Kirk Hammett. Sorry to all the Kirk apologists.

Listening to 'justice' as I read this thread, makes me nostalgic, and to make matters worse, I have'nt heard the chuffin song yet...

I really like it!! With that said, the solo is the worst I've ever heard on a Metallica song. Lars could play a better guitar solo than that, not even joking.

Cons:
  • Rhythm guitars (arguably the most important part of any Metallica song) sound like shit. They're EQ'd ok but the distortion sounds like mushy, smeary weak nonsense. Terrible. Who the FUCK keeps shitting up Metallica's tone and how do they keep letting it happen when records with gigantic awesome guitar sounds are released all the time.
This is what I find the most baffling with Metallica. Sonically speaking, they have no excuse for anything subpar, but they have had so many tonal missteps with various albums.

ex5c9qJ.jpg

Considering the weak rthymn tone I have to ask, is this the final album mix or is it a mix just to do the single?

Is there hope that the final mix will be better?

Not a big fan of Pantera, are we? :unsure: :p

While your point IMO rings true for Metallica, Slayer (exception: Divine Intervention), Anthrax and Venom, think of the shit we'd miss from say, Maiden, Priest and Pink Floyd, if they'd quit after 4 albums.

On topic: I think this song is kinda lame, while Lux Aeterna ripped.
Divine Intervention is their true masterpiece

We used to have AOR rock...now we have AOR metal...
To not be totally negative nancy....guitar tones and production are decent.

Considering the weak rthymn tone I have to ask, is this the final album mix or is it a mix just to do the single?

Is there hope that the final mix will be better?
It’s unbelievable. I can cop a better sound with only one amp and a Captor X

I suppose I will just have to remember them up until the early 90's and call it a day. I just can't bear witness any longer. I would be more than just a little curious what Paul Baloff would have to say about this band for the last 20 some years if he were still with us. RIP

Last edited:
Don't do that to yourself man. You'll only set yourself up for disappointment. :)
Haha. I'm not even a big Metallica fan, so I won't be buying the album anyways. I bought the last one and thought it had 2 songs on it I liked and never played it again. So I have nothing to be disappointed about.

Ya know dude’s, any of y’all ever wonder
why James doesn’t just do the leads himself
due to Kirk’s high-level jiberish’?
-because James is a control freak, he ain’t
lettin’ a dude like Randy Rhoads or somethin’
stealing the show.
Nah- theyre a team of dude’s out there killing
it, jeez.. are they billionaires .yet?
I can tell you this!,
-that was no Orion or Battery.
That’s Millionaire Metal.
And I believe Lars is the wealthiest outta the group, oddly enough.

Back