SLO100 Cab and Speaker Comparison

Definitely prefer the soldano over the marshall cabs. Though different speakers so it’s not really just about the cabs. Think I prefer that very first Bogner clip over everything. Sounds like the speakers are getting pushed more and are screaming the way I like. Which is why I generally prefer 2x12’s cause I feel like I can push the speakers more vs a 4x12

Nice clips Bobby!

Definitely prefer the soldano over the marshall cabs. Though different speakers so it’s not really just about the cabs. Think I prefer that very first Bogner clip over everything. Sounds like the speakers are getting pushed more and are screaming the way I like. Which is why I generally prefer 2x12’s cause I feel like I can push the speakers more vs a 4x12

Nice clips Bobby!
Thanks Blake! The Bogner isn't going anywhere. It has a tightness to it I dig, and is easier to play at home. Sounds great under the mic.

The difference between the 79 g12-65s and the 80 g12-65s was huge. The 79s sounded raspy

I liked the way the Bogner cab sounded, and the 4x12 added more bass.

The difference between the 79 g12-65s and the 80 g12-65s was huge. The 79s sounded raspy

I liked the way the Bogner cab sounded, and the 4x12 added more bass.
Slant cab vs straight cab plays a part for sure. I could swap speakers, and it would be much the same, I think.
I love the Bogner cab. The 4x12 is a deeper sounding, more thunderous thing for sure!
I'm probably selling the Marshall cabs. Debating if I want to keep the Soldano. It has depth to it that the Bogner doesn't.

Slant cab vs straight cab plays a part for sure. I could swap speakers, and it would be much the same, I think.
I love the Bogner cab. The 4x12 is a deeper sounding, more thunderous thing for sure!
I'm probably selling the Marshall cabs. Debating if I want to keep the Soldano. It has depth to it that the Bogner doesn't.

The Soldano cab or the amp?

All right, ripped out the metal mesh crap from the Marshall cab. Put the same V30s in the Soldano and Marshall straight cabs. Was going to do the Marshall slant, but the speakers are 1.5" wider apart. Don't feel like resoldering atm.

Will probably do the same thing with g12-65s and UK GBs in all 3 cabs tomorrow. Thoughts?

I've settled on the Soldano 4x12 with V30s and the Marshall straight cab with UK GBs.
Now I'm figuring out which pedal tightens it up and boosts it best. Here a quick comparison of 2 pedals, out of like 6:

Have to say, the unboosted SLO filled in right is pretty great.

Back