New JCM800 vs used Diezels: which would you choose

Honestly either amp will get you the sounds you’re looking for. The only thing is that the JCM may require a boost occasionally. But both are extremely high quality amps that are built well. I would recommend getting a copy of Helix Native on your computer and messing around with both models to see which one is a better fit.

You said that no one plugs a guitar into a amplifier in South Korea. Does everyone use a modeler over there?

You said that no one plugs a guitar into a amplifier in South Korea. Does everyone use a modeler over there?

Pretty much so, its all modelers and plugins. We don't really have a proper rock scene here or anything (actually we do but its mainly post rock - shoegaze - indie rock music so no distorted guitars, Gibsons, "coolness", etc. I really don't care for this at all) most guys who do play guitar make their living on the super saturated market of session gigs, commercial jingles and occasionally guitar tracks for kpop boy/girlbands that the producer was too lazy to midi program. Amps would make little logical sense here.

Folks who can swing the big buck amps don't have the appropriate space to turn it up so they also resort to modelers and plugins. Its quite sad

Also thanks for the advice, I'll stick to an orange w/800 cuz the Diezel is lotsa $$$

Pretty much so, its all modelers and plugins. We don't really have a proper rock scene here or anything (actually we do but its mainly post rock - shoegaze - indie rock music so no distorted guitars, Gibsons, "coolness", etc. I really don't care for this at all) most guys who do play guitar make their living on the super saturated market of session gigs, commercial jingles and occasionally guitar tracks for kpop boy/girlbands that the producer was too lazy to midi program. Amps would make little logical sense here.

Folks who can swing the big buck amps don't have the appropriate space to turn it up so they also resort to modelers and plugins. Its quite sad

Also thanks for the advice, I'll stick to an orange w/800 cuz the Diezel is lotsa $$$
Yeah, shoegaze/post-rock has become really big here in the states as well. It's become all modelers or a Fender amp with a lot of pedals. It's interesting to hear how similar the music scene in South Korea is compared to Los Angeles. Modelers are super convenient and I understand why a lot of professional musicians/studios use them, but they never sound as good as a real amp to me.

I'm assuming people mainly live in apartments in South Korea? I honestly am so thankful I live in a house that's a bit past the city. It allows me to turn up the volume whenever I want.

The JCM 800 is my favorite amplifier, so I think you will love it. It can handle any type of rock and if you ever want more gain, all you need is an SD-1 or a Tubescreamer. If you are having difficulty finding one over there or you want to pay a bit less, I've heard great things about the clones that Ceriatone makes. I've never personally tried one of their amps, but I know people always talk about them on the Marshall forum. They are also located in Malaysia, so shipping would probably be pretty cheap.

H
Yeah, shoegaze/post-rock has become really big here in the states as well. It's become all modelers or a Fender amp with a lot of pedals. It's interesting to hear how similar the music scene in South Korea is compared to Los Angeles. Modelers are super convenient and I understand why a lot of professional musicians/studios use them, but they never sound as good as a real amp to me.

I'm assuming people mainly live in apartments in South Korea? I honestly am so thankful I live in a house that's a bit past the city. It allows me to turn up the volume whenever I want.

The JCM 800 is my favorite amplifier, so I think you will love it. It can handle any type of rock and if you ever want more gain, all you need is an SD-1 or a Tubescreamer. If you are having difficulty finding one over there or you want to pay a bit less, I've heard great things about the clones that Ceriatone makes. I've never personally tried one of their amps, but I know people always talk about them on the Marshall forum. They are also located in Malaysia, so shipping would probably be pretty cheap.

I was told a good modeler w/high qualoty power amp through a cab is virtually indistinguishable from the real deal. But tube amps defo smell nicer haha

It seems the more stuff like YouTube and Instagram becomes integral to our lives local music scenes are getting blurred out somewhat.. not that its a bad thing. The beef is I want rock n roll and i aint getting that much of it. In a world where YT algorithm and IG feeds the same thing to everyone its hard to stay yourself.

Yup mostly apartments here. Enemies from all fours (sixes even)

Pumping me up with that 800 GAS, see me at NAD soon. HA

Ceriaton

Ceriatone now has grown to the point where their wait list nears 12 months, so unless I can locate an used one they wont ever come by here

Back