NAD High Gain Beast

SFW

So I decided that it was time for a gain monster. Took a bit to get it dialed in with all of the switches and buttons, but I’m really digging it so far.

71263BC4-45C9-4FFA-A686-49DA5B579A9A.jpeg

Last edited:
Congrats man ! Engl is my fav for brutal death metal tones . But my friend uses two of these in stereo for 80s rock . Sounds cool af

Congrats man ! Engl is my fav for brutal death metal tones . But my friend uses two of these in stereo for 80s rock . Sounds cool af
Yeah, I’m more hard rock touching metal. Im aiming for at tones like Vivian Campbell gets for Last In Line.

How do you like it compared to your Splawn’s?
The Savage is definitely more modern sounding. Which will take a bit to get used to again. The QuickRod was my main amp for the past six or so years. So far I'm digging having a clean channel again. I like that I will be able to interface the amp directly with my pedalboard switcher. And control all of the features. I'll start setting that up tomorrow. The real test will be at band rehearsal.

Sounds killer and it seems like it’s really easy to play and not fighting you at all, even on the low gain and clean stuff. I’m sure it really gains up at band volumes?

I also wonder how it compares to your splawns?

Please make more videos. I love all the ones you post. My Home boy Detroit1973 & I Talk about them often.

Please make more videos. I love all the ones you post. My Home boy Detroit1973 & I Talk about them often.
Thanks! I'm working on more vids. Just trying to come up with a better way to do them- without spending an arm and a leg...lol!

Sounds killer and it seems like it’s really easy to play and not fighting you at all, even on the low gain and clean stuff. I’m sure it really gains up at band volumes?

I also wonder how it compares to your splawns?
It's definitely a more player friendly amp in some ways. It is also much tighter than the Splawn. Which I didn't think was possible. lol.

Back