George added a bit of chorus to his sound….

Sounds a lot better than when he was "attached" to his phase pedal, a few years back.

I am still a HUGE Lynch fan, but can only listen to a little of his recent stuff, ie. Sweet Lynch or his stuff with Robert Mason.

He could write his own paycheck, if he would just go back to what WORKED for him.....what TRULY paid the bills. He could still do his current bullshit if it makes him feel better, but once a year for a couple of months.......go back out on the road and PUT ON A SHOW as the guitar hero that we all remember.

Sorry for the rant.......

I loved the old Dokken albums but he needs to do something different.

His sound is very unremarkable and his improvising needs lots of practice.

I always have a ch-1 boss chorus on and just lightly there. I love it. George has been doing it for a while but lately he's been using the radial chorus as it allows him to get a sort of vibe feel when needed as it has two sides.

He did a great interview on the Eddie Trunk show last Thursday. It's worth checking out. This clip was probably from that gig that ET hosted.
He's a ball buster, I was crackin up.. But he talked frankly about Dokken, his playing, his projects.. It was good.

speaking of,

i’ve never been a big fan of chorus on crunch gtr tones in my personal rigs because unless i could can crank it, which i never really could live, it can phase out/thin your tone in a stage or house mix.

but i’ve always loved it for clean landau rack sounds and listening boston, def lep, sykes, and zakk w. chorused rock tones.
so i got some classic rack toys recently and it’s been very fun:

Wait, is it the Lynch Mob again?
That's not like George to change his mind and go back to using something old...

Wait, is it the Lynch Mob again?
That's not like George to change his mind and go back to using something old...

He pretty much said he spoke to soon, the name is what people know, and this is a business after all. In short, club owners were like electric who??? So Lynch Mob it is. Actually electric freedom is sort of cool but Lynch Mob is what he is known for and it is his name. Can't argue with logic.

Back