George added a bit of chorus to his sound….

I love George, but his random money grabs are getting old.

His latest Road Warrior meets Ministry industrial music video......coming soon o_O

The Banishment

Reactions: Geo
He did a great interview on the Eddie Trunk show last Thursday. It's worth checking out. This clip was probably from that gig that ET hosted.
He's a ball buster, I was crackin up.. But he talked frankly about Dokken, his playing, his projects.. It was good.
I love hearing George talk, but Eddie Trunk is a no go for me.
I cannot stand his voice, his interrupting and his over inflated ego.
He is trying to keep the classic stuff alive and relevant I guess, but it’s a hard pass.

I get it. But this music is 35-40 years old now. If you wanna know what these artists are doing, ET is probably the best place.
Me? I just need content to make the day go by. Can't do Howard anymore..

It's George with a good singer. I'll take it! I like the tone. Also a big fan of the KXM stuff with Dug and Ray.

I used to listen to ET's Monday night radio show, but it gets old quick....90% of the calls are old dudes asking questions that can be answered with a google search. Props to a guy trying to keep a dying genre alive.

The singer sounds great! I'm glad that he found someone that can do Oni/Robert justice. I'm on a laptop, so it's hard to hear the tone, but his playing sounds good. He's always been hit and miss, but I give him credit for always playing at the edge. When it works, he kills it.

George has not had it for the last 20 years

I don't agree. He was rippin when I saw him in 2017. Some parts he improvs but his playing has clawed it's way back some in recent years. He was playing horribly mid 2000's though. But that style is all over the place. I am still not convinced he understands any sort of theory because sometimes his note selections are WAY outside of what is considered " playing outside the box"

did you read that a few times before posting?? you know those words don't belong together right

Lol I get it, but improvisation is absolutely something that you can (and should) practice

I know tons of dudes that are technically badass but can't improv for shit

In my last couple bands we'd spend at least one night a week doing nothing but straight improv, for years

My 2 cents: Jon Levin current Dokken guitarist plays Lynch better than Lynch has sounded -ever. He did write Wicked sensation album which is his best work ever, but?

Some of his shit is so outside that I don’t get it - and I stip that probably means it’s over my head. But I thought back for the attack and the first 2 Lynch Mob albums were his best work. I dig his playing within a straightforward rock/blues chord progression like that early Mob stuff. It seemed more ‘in the pocket’ and melodically recognizable.

I saw him in 2017 and he was as razor sharp and ‘on’ as any die hard Lynch fan could pray for. They opened with ‘She’s So Evil But She’s Mine’ and it just killed. Our hero’s are humans - and they’re gettin’ old. They have good days and bad days. And after doing what we love for decades, you know sometimes inspiration and motivation are hard to come by.

I love George, but his random money grabs are getting old.

His latest Road Warrior meets Ministry industrial music video......coming soon o_O

The Banishment

Interesting.. it's def. " modern" sounding and his solo sounds really good and fits the song but the tone on the solo is flat and way too low mids and soft in context of an industrial tune. I'm not sure why he'd even want to do that stuff but i guess he just keeps recording.

I loved the old Dokken albums but he needs to do something different.

His sound is very unremarkable and his improvising needs lots of practice.
Absolutely agree. Even though I'm armchair quarterbacking it, IMO his improv style peaked in the mid 90's right before he became George Roids. Since then it's mostly been the same patterns and phrasings over and over again, but with less accuracy as time goes on. Still, though, on his worst day he still plays better than me on my best day. Even in 2011 when I lucked into getting a 1 on 1 session with him, my time slot was the very first one of the day, and he rolled in like he just woke up but still brought the chops.

Reactions: Geo
I’m not one to usually critique other musicians but that first vid was not ‘guitar hero‘ tone or playing IMO. I also liked the singer tho

I’m sure it isn’t his fav either—hey we all have bad songs/days

I loved the tones that he got on Tooth and Nail thru Back For The Attack .
I got a few of his sounds from that time period on my rack system .

Back