ESP eclipse pics!

Exo-metal

Somehow I have it stuck in my head that I need a old school eclipse. It may just be that I'm not interested in paying an arm and leg/wing for a gibson. I like the better access and non trem CTM standard models. If you have what I'm describing post here....

Last edited:
Like this one? :)

5C6282ED-AC07-4DDB-91B5-0CD16D2EFAB9.jpeg

Close but the model that has more of a open cutaway. They weren't called eclipse II until after 2013. If anyone has one of those that have the full 3 ply binding and it's sick post it:)

Last edited:
Close but the model that has more of an open cutaway. They weren't called eclipse II until after 2013. If anyone has one of those that have the full 3 ply binding and it's sick post it:)
So you’re after the later one with 3 knobs? :)

3 or 4 but the more open single cut CTM models. I know there has to be a few on the forum. I saw a newer finsh that was called red lava that was unreal.

The flatter cutaway would be on the "USA" body (not the models made in California, the USA designation was when they swapped to the flatter horn and 3 knobs in around 05 or so.)

6xAkbFBh.jpg

You want a photo of Eclipses? You've come to the right place. 😄

ii3Lop2h.jpg
krike man I love the EC-256, I cant even imagine how killer these are!!!

The flatter cutaway would be on the "USA" body (not the models made in California, the USA designation was when they swapped to the flatter horn and 3 knobs in around 05 or so.)

6xAkbFBh.jpg

ii3Lop2h.jpg
I'm partial to that tall green drink of water with the silver spoon stuck up its ass.

6xAkbFBh.jpg

ii3Lop2h.jpg
Ok, so I was trying to scour the net for an example of a 4 knob, but with the flatter cutaway like the USA models. Did they make a MiJ 4 knob but with the flat USA cut?
I think that's what Ted is after; if they even exist.

Exactly:
ebony board
4 knob
Flatter cut away
Script logo
Multi ply binding on the headstock/body
SS frets...basically I should design guitars for esp since I know what is metal...

6xAkbFBh.jpg

ii3Lop2h.jpg
I love that Red Sparkle! Anyone know how much these were new?

I think the Hetfield Iron Cross guitars (ESP and LTD) are the only Eclipses with both the more open cutaway and four control knobs.

Yeah, the JH-3 and the Trucksters were the same way. There was a small run of E-II Eclipses that were 4-knob and flat cutaway for a Facebook group.

lwnj8SFl.jpg
zsicqc7l.jpg
eYG7KUyl.jpg

Thanks gents. Solos for those who mentioned. The green is a 5-footer. Was refinished by a previous owner after taking a hit from a mic-stand. Logos and serial numbers were masked out, so they look a bit awkward. The satin black got gold rings because I was too cheap to buy gold pickups (and because it goes along with the concept of the chrome rings around the cherry sunburst.) The red isn't sparkle, it's a dark candy apple red. It's from the factory that way, though I was told this was a one-off, as is the pelham looking blue one.

FWIW I really like the E-II Full Thickness Eclipses. The fret access is even better than the "normal" Eclipse, they "sit" right on me the way I expect an LP to sit (the thinner one wasn't quite right to me), and the build quality on my two is excellent.

Only three knobs, but it has two volumes and a master tone. If you wanted, you could connect the tone to only the neck pickup (I assume no one uses a tone knob for the bridge pickup).

We need pics of those two and the heel access. I didn't know the thinner models weren't contoured.
Oh, you know I forgot, there are two versions of the thinner Eclipse. The original ones had a block heel, but some of the newer ones do have a contour heel (I think all are E-IIs except some of the 24-fret versions which where Original Series). All of the E-II full-thickness Eclipses have a contoured heel. There are a few Standard Series Eclipses out there with a full thickness body, and they all seem to have the block heel.

I'll try to get some picks tonight of the ones I have left. I had two of the block-heel thinner bodied Eclipses but sold them since I found the E-II FTs were just better for me.

The old heel vs the new. The change happened in 2015 or 2016, I think. But guitars with binding on the back will still have the Gibson heel.

ewOmtK4l.jpg
LQwapz0l.jpg

Of other interest, here's the back of one of my full-thickness guitars. This one is from 2007. I believe they've started doing the belly cut on the FT guitars now, as well, but not back in 2007 or 10 when mine are from.

7LgQKefl.jpg

Back