Do I Need 2 German Amps?

midgod07

I have a Diezel VH4 that I absolutely love but recognize it’s a little “hi fi” sounding at times. I’m considering a lower wattage head and the Bogner 3534 popped up on my radar. I’d like to have something a little more open and raw. Any thoughts? Both have loads of bass (so I’ve heard about the Bogner) available but the VH4 can dial it out easily. Are they different enough to merit a look? Thanks!

I was like "what Mastodon reference?" Didn't notice the screen name d'oh. I'm a fan too especially that song. I took a guitar lesson from Bill and he is an awesome guy. Super down to earth

Never played VH4 but I used to have a Herbert and I’ve had a ton of Bogners over the years. The 3534 will definitely have a little more raw and open tone. The Herbert I had was way too smooth and polished sounding, all the Bogners I’ve had since then were definitely more aggressive sounding. I’d definitely try out that 3534 if you can, should be a good companion to your VH4 (y)

I don’t consider either amp to be open or raw, but they would contrast each other well, so yes different enough to warrant both imo. The Bogner having more grease/saturation. I would say the XTC’s have a lot of low mid presence and chewiness rather than bass, but many guys mistake those 2 with semantics, but they probably mean low mids really

Last edited:
Back