NAD!! EVH BEAST from the past!

gbsmusic

Picked this up from the original owner, it's on its second set of tubes, pretty close to Mint Condition. He's a little younger than I am but he showed me pictures of him over the years with the amp and some of the guitars he's had over the years. He said it never moved because it was just too heavy. I can attest to that. 85 lbs is pretty heavy to lug around.Even the vent corners are perfect. I've had a few of these in the past and it's been quite a while. I forgot how freaking loud these things are. I love the sound of it, the clean channel's great the reverb is excellent I'm just running a carbon copy in the loop and it's perfect for me that's really all I need along with my chorus and wah. I really like the crunch engaged on channel 1 with the gain around 2:00. Its really percussive and projects great! Channel 2 is just completely a beast! It shakes my living room pretty good.

Attachments

• 20230123_175001.jpg
    20230123_175001.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 76
  • 20230123_174322.jpg
    20230123_174322.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 73
  • 20230123_174444.jpg
    20230123_174444.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:
HN5150D :cheers:

Played a 6505 combo once and yeah it is a heavy sumbitch. Hope it was a local sale :D

Congrats, it is a classic amp :yes:

PS: Love my carbon copy in my QR loop for those ambient days.

Best damn 5150 of the entire lineup. I wish they made a 100W combo version. It was already 85lbs what’s another 10lbs 😂

Congrats man!!! I could own just that amp and a SC20H mini 20W Marshall and be happy and content with life.

Cheers dude!

Played one a long time ago new in a shop near a suburb of St Paul. Probably around 1998. Didn’t even turn it up much and it sounded great to me! But went to another store in Minneapolis and bought a new 5150 sig head instead. I was in a band and wanted the head. Already had the Marshall cab so went that route. Those suckers are tanks.

Dude I love when this shit shows up here.

RT can get a little obsessive about the latest and greatest (and most expensive) and I’m not above any of that either.

Just refreshing to see someone come back around and realize that a $600 amp can be just as fun.

HNAD!
Definitely !price domt matter . Honestly most decent tube amps are fun and provide a good tone as long as the user tweaks good . This amps are this shit too !

Make it into a head. Your back (and ears, once you put it through a good 4x12) will thank you.

Just don't butcher it when you do it. Make it like you give a damn.

Best damn 5150 of the entire lineup. I wish they made a 100W combo version. It was already 85lbs what’s another 10lbs 😂

Congrats man!!! I could own just that amp and a SC20H mini 20W Marshall and be happy and content with life.

Cheers dude!
Do you own an SC20H?

I also have one of those

I'd rather move my halfstack around than lug that pig of a combo lol

I actually bought a little folding dolly just to move that bitch, because not only is it heavy as fuck, it's huge and awkward to handle

Make it into a head. Your back (and ears, once you put it through a good 4x12) will thank you.

Just don't butcher it when you do it. Make it like you give a damn.
I only play at home so it will not get moved anywhere. If I had to move this thing I would never have bought it because it is a bitch!

Dude I love when this shit shows up here.

RT can get a little obsessive about the latest and greatest (and most expensive) and I’m not above any of that either.

Just refreshing to see someone come back around and realize that a $600 amp can be just as fun.

HNAD!
Or $229 with tax (what I got my 5150 combo for)

Congrats on a great amp - enjoy the hell out of it. These were factory biased a bit hotter than the heads were

I had a brand new one back when they first came out. Was my first real tube amp. I remember wanting to dump it because getting in and out of my car’s back seat was killing me. I don’t even remember much about the tone, unfortunately. Was a total noob at the time.

Whats with the fart diffuser behind the amp.

(Talk about having gear gas...dang )

:shocked:
Do not judge I've been on a diet eating lots of broccoli and chicken it does not produce a wonderful smell! You always have to be prepared. Remember the man with mayonnaise John he was not prepared and I imagine the smell was not good. That's not going to happen to me😉 if you have forgotten that picture I can repost, let me know

Back