did some research on the 2c plus

mctallica1":2tflkyff said:
psychodave":2tflkyff said:
Racerxrated":2tflkyff said:
I was referring to more of the snobbery that exists with a few on the boogie board... Not everyone, but a few that say with certainty that originals sound better than upgraded Cs. Some others have had tens of C+s, and say there's no difference other than basic tonal differences that exist between each and every original C+ or upgraded C+ that exists. Probably the guys that have originals dog those upgraded Cs to boost their own value. My own experience was the opposite. I sent the original packing.

Lol. Indeed.

If we get technical, all 2C+'s are upgraded 2C's. :LOL: :LOL:

I never thought about it that way, but you are absolutely correct!

Speaking of Boogie Board. I send you (mctallica1) a PM there. ;)

"There have been documented +’s as low as 12337, mainly in some prototype, nearly stock or customized circuits. In recent months I have witnessed two IIC I’s. These are IIC’s that almost made it to a plus, but had “Pull Deep” faceplates and a stock IIC circuit with the RP11A circuit board. These were very interesting times at Mesa. A customer could have chosen a C or a C+, hence, the “I” looks like the initial swipe of a +, but never got the other horizontal swipe so do your loop tests. I could imagine Mesa having to call on all outstanding IIC orders and asking if they wanted the upgrade. In the C+ transistion around 12,3XX/124XX"

I bought 12310. It's a +, passes the loop test etc, says +. I bought it from the original owner who's had it since the mid 80s. He bought it new this way, he never sent it back for modding. I guess that makes it a very early factory upgraded IIC.

Back