What's an album you hate but love the tones ?

311splawndude

:LOL:

Sorry TechDeth - I couldn't help myself.

Hate is a strong word but for this one I'd have to go with Van Halen 5150. It's not that I actually hate the album it just hit at a time where Dave is gone and Sammy should have stayed as the Red Rocker and it took me a long time to adjust. But I can't really deny the tone. Not sure if this is the best example. It was also so over done and over played. Same maybe for Dokken Under Lock and Key (for me). Can't deny the tone though. Boston Third Stage might fit in this bucket too.

this..

6vx4yAx.jpg

Gary Cherone sucks, the songs suck, but Nuno's tone here was really good.

Volbeat - 'The Strength, the Sound, The Songs' or any of their stuff. They get good tones but I can't sit through any albums.
Any Nickleback prob in same boat.
'Lulu' has some great tone and some cool riffs, but it's a very hard listen otherwise.

some old djent bands would have good tones but no songs . I like Periphery and Meshuggah but most of those bands are not making songs that grab me. But I get 5150 . The tone on that song sounds like his amp broke that day lol

this..

6vx4yAx.jpg

Gary Cherone sucks, the songs suck, but Nuno's tone here was really good.
Ha, Im the exact opposite on this one. Love the album, hate the tones. Fwiw I like Punchline tone the best.

My vote goes to The Dark Side of The Moon. Love Gilmour, but the music is just not my thing

Back