GONE-2010 Gibson Explorer

tonesfoyobones

2010 Gibson Explorer. Everything is stock and has not been played much since use. The frets are excellent and show no signs of ware. The body being black shows some swirls and pick marks. A couple of small nicks but nothing hateful as you can see in the pics. It is used but not abused.
It has a very thick piece of rosewood fret board that was just cleaned & oiled as well as having the frets polished. Set up with a new set of D'addario 10-46's in E standard.
The case is in excellent condition as well.

GONE= local SE PA/DE/MD/NJ (willing to meet up within an hour or so from zip 17512)
Any questions please let me know. Thanks RT!

IMG_2748.jpg
IMG_2749.jpg
IMG_2750.jpg
IMG_2751.jpg
IMG_2752.jpg
IMG_2753.jpg
IMG_2755.jpg
IMG_2756.jpg
IMG_2757.jpg
IMG_2758.jpg

O

Last edited:
Very clean looking. It’s hard to keep these black ones looking so nice. That big body has a way of finding things to hit. I have an ‘06 and it’s definitely got some good dings that took paint off around the lower edges.

Love my Explorer. The neck is fast and tight. One of my favs after a pickup swap. It can do anything.
GLWS!!!

Love my Explorer. The neck is fast and tight. One of my favs after a pickup swap. It can do anything.
GLWS!!!
For me a pickup swap would be needed. I can not bond with the stock bridge at all. I hear great clips online but for me, in person it doesn't work in my rig. It's a beasty pickup.

For me a pickup swap would be needed. I can not bond with the stock bridge at all. I hear great clips online but for me, in person it doesn't work in my rig. It's a beasty pickup.
Same. Godwood opened mine up, gave it character, made it sing.

How is this still here? I can't believe it is not sold this is a great guitar and a very good price!

No he was not on THIS forum but I've had my fair share of sub $1100 "shipped" offerings here as well.
It is what it is but damn, c'mon man! It's a USA Gibson!

I need an explorer in my life. What’s the neck profile like on these?
It's not fat and it ain't thin lol. My R8 was a bat and this is nowhere near that. It's not late 70's Les Paul Custom thin either but it's very comfortable. Maybe somewhere around a LP Standard?
Some more fluent Explorer users might chime in here. Sorry I can't be more exact. For reference I have medium to smaller hands.

Back