Post your first guitar of 2023!

I haven't finished paying it off yet but I should have it in the next 2 weeks.

Attachments

• received_1126034708046150.jpeg
    received_1126034708046150.jpeg
    221.6 KB · Views: 43
  • received_536021281336345.jpeg
    received_536021281336345.jpeg
    255.7 KB · Views: 44
  • received_907121476881003.jpeg
    received_907121476881003.jpeg
    193.7 KB · Views: 44
Man, Ibanez have really stepped up their game imo. I have an old prestige and the guitar is ok, but nothing special. This thing looks slick!
Yeah man! And of the other 4 or 5 of this exact model/color I'd seen - only mine has the dark back. IDK what's up with that, but I like it, I like it a lot. :p

This is my 2nd Prestige, I traded my 2014 S series a year or so ago for a 7-string that I then traded mere months after. Note to self, never get another 7-string, they aren't for you.

Can't say enough great things about this new RG Prestige, it's perfect from end-to-end. I even like the Fishman Moderns, don't get the hate. Doesn't mean I'll still like them in two weeks, lol. If you have the means I'd highly recommend picking one up.

What model is this? The finish is amazing, it’s like two in one how it looks like a transparent blue finish from the front and an opaque sparkle or something from the side.
RG5120MFCN is the model. Like I mentioned, it's damn awesome, love love love it. Much better than the effect on the purple andromeda LTD Arrow I have. That one is way too subtle, this RG is more, "jump out and smack you in the face". Yeah, the front on view isn't "perfect", perhaps, but it builds the tension. When you're playing it you're distracted a bit, but in a good way!

Posted these a few times already but I got them both in the same week. Orville now has a zebra Aldrich in the bridge and the Edwards now has the Wylde EMG set.

BF41A11F-704A-488A-BAAA-FE3130C0C2C3.jpeg

Always wondering, where the hell some people here pull all the money to buy this stuff?

Before anyone talks about getting a job. I'm employed, but I could never afford buying gear at this pace.

Being done with relationships all of a sudden put a lot more cash in my pocket. I don’t have kids and keep my overhead as low as possible because I really fucking love buying guitars.

Posted these a few times already but I got them both in the same week. Orville now has a zebra Aldrich in the bridge and the Edwards now has the Wylde EMG set.

View attachment 157969

Being done with relationships all of a sudden put a lot more cash in my pocket. I don’t have kids and keep my overhead as low as possible because I really fucking love buying guitars.
That Orville is smoking.

Ordered the one on the right first, but the one on the left arrived first. No, I didn't put the block inlay stickers on the BFG, but it's set up so well with apparent fresh strings that I haven't bothered caring too much to take them off. I think outside of my LP Jr; this is my only other single coil guitar. The Dean is a complement to my ML 8 string multiscale. Loved it so much had to get the Exile variant, even though not a huge strat shaped fan (despite 5 of my MS being them). They just tend to be a bit more comfortable when sitting than most of my X shaped instruments. I actually want to refin (make my husband do it) them.
IMG_20230128_130945916.jpg

Got this mutt finished on Thursday and gigged it last night :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Some thoughts... 1) I love the guitar but I'm not a Strat guy anymore. 2) I don't recommend building a guitar and then stepping on stage with it 24 hours later after spending literally 200 +hours on stages in the last year with two main guitars, the familiarity just wasn't there. 3) It's got a big fat sound, tons of clarity, kind rules for drop D stuff. 4) Last, black fret dots on a dark roasted maple neck on a dark stage will do you no favors hahah

pre pro mutt.jpeg

Back