I wish people would stop listing their LTD's as ESP in listing titles.

JimAnsell

Drives me bat shit crazy. 90% of listings that say ESP in the listing title (fb market, reverb, ebay, etc) end up being an LTD. almost always the headstock is cut off in the main thumbnail. idc how good they are or aren't they're not ESP's!!11 Clickbaity bastards. :powpow:

:powpow::uzi:

Same thing happens when you search for ESP at Sweetwater.. you get all the LTDs you have to wade through. But aren't they ESP LTDs?

In most cases people do that to bring attention to a FS ad I'm guessing. Just using "LTD" can be kinda vague since that term is used for other references such as "Limited" and so on, so I don't think it hurts to use ESP to help set that apart. It doesn't bother me at all since an LTD is just a lower level line of ESP, not like Squier or Epiphone being a totally different sub brand. Search PRS and you get the same thing with SE, S2 etc.

In some search engines, you could use the minus symbol (-) to filter away certain words. So if you're looking for "ESP -LTD Horizon" you should end up with only pure-bred ESP's. ;-)

#ESPowner #OldLogoSuperior

My ebony and ivory (Kramer) pictured below. So similar yet so different too.

Attachments

• ESP and Kramer.jpg
    ESP and Kramer.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 34
this one will always confuse me. years ago I posted an LTD on ebay. I did write on the title ESP LTD. At the time there were no ESP labeled guitars on ESP's website. If you went to espguitars.com there was not one guitar that said ESP on the headstock. They ALL said LTD. Anyway, back to ebay. I clearly took pictures of the headstock showing it was an LTD guitar. I was certainly not trying to pass it off as something it wasn't. Someone pm'd me and said I should change it and I, admittedly, had made a rude response. I also came here to rig-talk and made a post about it and got annihilated in the comments. I probably should have explained myself better but, I think I was just in a dickish mood at the time. Anyway, I still don't understand why LTD guitars shouldn't also have an ESP label on them (as long as it's both ESP & LTD on there, not trying to pass it off as an ESP) if they are on ESP's website. I wouldn't label an Epiphone as Gibson Epiphone, (although i'd be okay if someone did) because they have two completely different websites. ESP only has one website for both ESP and LTD ranges.

I don't know if that makes sense to anyone else? 🤷‍♂️

Back