Diezel Big MaX - wow

Torgo2003

Sweetwater had the Big MaX in stock and despite knowing next to nothing about this amp (very little information online outside of some relatively low quality YouTube demos and a 3 minute demo by the guys) I took a flyer. I've always loved single channel amps with wide gain sweeps and high touch sensitivity.

This thing is fucking incredible. Definitely more upper mid focus than the staples but I wouldn't go so far as to call it vintage - there's still that sinister Diezel thing in the mids. The real game-changer for me is the bass response. It's absolutely there (this amp includes the Deep knob as well) but doesn't have that trailing bass response on fast thrash chugs that I could just never dial out of the other Diezels I've owned (VHX and Herbert). A boost or EQ always worked but then I was losing some of the massive/wide/3-D famous Diezel sound on full chords which is what I love about these amps in the first place.

Oh yeah, this thing does high gain. I ignorantly thought it was just a clean pedal platform (which it can be) but it's way more than that.

The low sensitivity input goes from gorgeous cleans to classic rock. High sensitivity sounds like a typical CH3 circuit but with more vintage/upper mid voicing. Amp not nearly as dry as other Diezels I've played but still tight. Tons of versatility using the volume pot on the guitar (as you would expect with a single channel).

Peter knocked this one out of the park. It's easily my favorite Diezel and absolutely worth a look if you don't need multiple channels and like playing through a highly dynamic old school single channel design.

Im on the look out for a Schmidt, im a Herbert owner.
Happy to hear that the Big Max might be one to look at for me.

Im looking for a second amp that is less compressed so i have a JVM combo for a week now, im verry happy with it, so yesterday night i played the Herbert again after a week and i immidiatly knew why a Diezel is a Diezel and i never will part with my Herbert!

Im more in to lower gain sounds and having played the Herbert for 12 or 13 years its time fore something new.

The BigMax is very refreshing, indeed :rock::rock::rock:

bigmaxx.png

Last edited:
Back