ToneNerd Psykes

The stock Pat No sounded really sweet in this guitar but imo this guitar shouldn’t be sweet. It’s nasty af now.

Heavier than before but in a good way.
2-FA8-AC67-9578-4-C37-83-BB-2-D92922-AABB7.jpg

It's gonna be a toneful weekend....View attachment 149020
i think you told me you had a DF before. These are like full throttle at half the guitar volume. Not sure what you’re playing through, but may be an adjustment. Great kick anything up to a JCM800 in the nuts, but playing anything super modern, try to ease back on the gain and let the pickup do the work and it will open up nicely with a little volume.

Last edited:
i think you told me you had a DF before. These are like full throttle at half the guitar volume. Not sure what you’re playing through, but may be an adjustment. Great kick anything up to a JCM800 in the nuts, but playing anything super modern, try to ease back on the gain and let the pickup do the work and it will open up nicely with a little volume.
I am going to let it kick a Silverface Bassman in the nuts and crank it up!

I am going to let it kick a Silverface Bassman in the nuts and crank it up!
Oh man, it's going to molest and impose its will on that Bassman so hard. Gonna be filthy. That pup, into an od, into the normal channel turned up to 5+, dude. Wish I could be there to hear it!
Curious how it will sound in a strat. And curious about the strange project too!

Bumping this back up.
Got to spend some time with the Explorer and SLO on my days off.
This pickup is killer. It pushes the amp in a cool way. The feel under your fingers is fantastic, after I got used to it.

I made this clip. It's mostly the SLO crunch channel, clicking on the lead channel for the last little part:

It hits that crunch channel, and my JCM800, so good that you almost don't need an overdrive for hard rocking stuff. But when you do use an od, it's awesome for the harder stuff than the more polite pups. I can see why this is a love or hate pickup. Probably not for everyone

I’m still really digging mine in my old trusty Warmoth. When I click on the Marshall I usually just crack the volume and work my way up for a minute or two and I always like every setting all the way up.

I’m still really digging mine in my old trusty Warmoth. When I click on the Marshall I usually just crack the volume and work my way up for a minute or two and I always like every setting all the way up.
I'm surprised by the cleanup tbh. It's not Godwood clean, but better than I expected. Lots of good crunch tones to be had, as well as the blistering stuff.

Last edited:
Back