Cool Tube amplifier/HIFI DAC VINYL features....Bias/tweaking guys inside.

crwnedblasphemy

I know this isn't about guitar amps, but I collect vinyl(metal), and this amplifier has some cool ass features for self biasing and changing class. Be cool if some guitar amps fixed their own bias. Really cool.

I haven't watched the video, but if you mean automatic bias adjustment, then at least Bugera (infinium) and some Hughes&Kettner models have it.

I haven't watched the video, but if you mean automatic bias adjustment, then at least Bugera (infinium) and some Hughes&Kettner models have it.
They have it but it isn’t exactly reliable from what I’ve heard which is why it hasn’t been adopted across entire production lines. Parts are also getting hard to get too so I’m sure that has some impact imo.

They have it but it isn’t exactly reliable from what I’ve heard which is why it hasn’t been adopted across entire production lines. Parts are also getting hard to get too so I’m sure that has some impact imo.
What I looked at the Infinium solution from Bugera, it is quite clever and I haven't read many complaints. Hughes&Kettner is quite complex in terms of circuitry and I found several cases with it. Of course, as far as reliability is concerned, one trimmer for setting the bias is probably much more reliable :)

What I looked at the Infinium solution from Bugera, it is quite clever and I haven't read many complaints. Hughes&Kettner is quite complex in terms of circuitry and I found several cases with it. Of course, as far as reliability is concerned, one trimmer for setting the bias is probably much more reliable :)

Don’t the YJM Marshall’s have auto bias? It’s either the YJM or the Hendrix series.

YJM has some kind of auto bias. But I have never seen the schematic or manual, so I can not comment on this.

Back