ESP "The Eclipse Custom", is this Japanese or USA?

Have any of you guys found good replacement studs that fit in the original inserts by any chance? I've had a hard time finding any that actually work. Otherwise are there ways to freshen up older ones? Some of them have developed deep grooves after 30+ years of existence and I think are main factor for tuning stability issues

Have any of you guys found good replacement studs that fit in the original inserts by any chance? I've had a hard time finding any that actually work. Otherwise are there ways to freshen up older ones? Some of them have developed deep grooves after 30+ years of existence and I think are main factor for tuning stability issues
There is a 2nd gen set for sale on Reverb right now, not sure if they're different though;

https://reverb.com/item/62649942-st...-esp-sinclair-synclear-tremolo-bridge-2nd-gen

Yeah I've replaced most of the screws by new ones already, definitely helped. I'm struggling with tuning stability though on some guitars where the studs are a bit more used/damaged. If if push the trem down it will reset with strings being flat and if i pull up it resets with strings being sharp, I'm pretty sure its because of worn studs/blades on the trem

1674817793506.png

Ah damn thanks for that - makes sense to use these on the unwound strings. Hmm going to be looking for some but I suspect they will be extremely hard to find... not of my sinclairs have them
I wonder if you could cut some little square pieces out of a beer can that would serve the same purpose. Seems like it would be better than having nothing at all in there

Ah damn thanks for that - makes sense to use these on the unwound strings. Hmm going to be looking for some but I suspect they will be extremely hard to find... not of my sinclairs have them
Yep, with those things zero locking issue's but you can imagine how small they are. I had a tech work on my guitar one time and he originally lost the low E plate. So I flattened the tip of the E string and locked onto that. Luckily that tech found the little and I got it back. That's when I tracked down a spare Sinclair trem. Only one I could find though was black but I bought it anyway for parts. My Mirage Custom had black parts but my main Horizon was chrome parts. Eventually my Horizon Sinclair was so rusted from my sweat lol, that I put in a Floyd. And I never liked the Floyd as much as the Sinclair. Granted this was all I guess 20+ years ago now. I guess someone could make one of those plates...it was obviously small enough to fit in the hole but they were steel.

Back