Finally got an EVH 5150-III 6L6 50watt Stealth incoming!

The 6L6 50 watt is def my favorite so far, but I have not tried the stealth version yet.

I hope its killer.

EVH 5150III 50s is awesome, I mainly use the blue channel boosted, red channel has more than enough gain (too much for me), I run mine through a KSR 4x12 loaded with EVM12L with an LTD M-7HT, shakes my house.
326247659_2218205361684850_5514261784987946147_n.jpg

I have the el34 stealth 50 watt . I hate the shared eq for the green and blue channels but That amp SCREAMS !!! I like it so much I'm going to buy the 100 watter just for the ease of front panel layout. I just hope it sounds like the 50 watter .

EVH 5150III 50s is awesome, I mainly use the blue channel boosted, red channel has more than enough gain (too much for me), I run mine through a KSR 4x12 loaded with EVM12L with an LTD M-7HT, shakes my house. View attachment 158848
EVM ‘s… NOW we’re talkin’.
4 f’n EVM drivers…YEAH MAN!!
That sounds like a combination to reckon with.
You could shimmy’ your Neigbors teeth fillings
right outta their fucking mouths man.
You are the official BOTW.. Beast Of The Week.
Now I’m fired up to go dime everything and
romance the thoughts of 4 EVM driver’s
thick in the ‘monstrous mutes punchin’ the grunt’
HELL YEAH.

The 6L6 50 watt is def my favorite so far, but I have not tried the stealth version yet.

I hope its killer.
I love the standard 6l6 50 watt but I love the option of the bias points and I'm more of a low mids guy and hoping I dig it.

Reactions: Geo
I have the el34 stealth 50 watt . I hate the shared eq for the green and blue channels but That amp SCREAMS !!! I like it so much I'm going to buy the 100 watter just for the ease of front panel layout. I just hope it sounds like the 50 watter .
I didn't like the EL34 version of the 50 watt and not sure why because I typically love EL34s. Just didn't work for me.

I'm curious on what you think of the stealth 6L6 compared to your regular 5153. I'm still getting used to my 5153 S 6L6 but I'm loving it so far! It's crazy how the red channel needs so little gain to sound good. Keep us updated.

I'm curious on what you think of the stealth 6L6 compared to your regular 5153. I'm still getting used to my 5153 S 6L6 but I'm loving it so far! It's crazy how the red channel needs so little gain to sound good. Keep us updated.
I definitely will!! When I think back to having the EL34S a few years ago, I dug the tone but it seemed to lack definition and tightness but I'm sure that was the EL34s in there.

As with everyone, I love the 5150-III amps and want to be able to do brutal gain but also want to be able to dial back and have usable crunch of course. Eddie was my hero and if he was able to use this amp and get great tones, then I better be able to, lol. When I saw the VH tour around 2014 or whenever it was, the tone coming out of those cabs was some of the best live guitar tones I've ever heard.

Back