Prototyping the ToneNerd “The Whiskey”

I think I'm actually going to offer this wind in all 3 wind counts as I think between the 3, you can tailor the clarity the lower wind will work in all 3 the hottest could get unruly in some setups. Since I'm already calling it the Whiskey,, I can offer the other it at stock at 6800, a "double" @ 7000 and a "triple" a 7300.

That's awesome

I can make a matching neck. I'm against the marketing gimmick of "calibrated" sets. I would wind a neck different for a set of it was going I to a Les Paul than if it were going in an Charvel, so I typically wind for the guitar it's going in.
I was thinking about what neck pickup to match with this Roxy. I'd almost just want the same sound, just less hot, maybe a little less bass. Nothing real drastic

The whiskeys are in production now

Which wind is closest to the RTM in terms of bigness and tightness? I think this JB2 has to go in my strat. Not cutting it ever since the RTM came into my life and your Wicked 8. Oh, and those classic tone transformers were fantastic. My 800 build has one in there and it cuts and grinds. Awesome.

Scott what would you recommend for a LP that is a Little too tight/Anemic in the low end?
My pickup with the most low-end is the Psykes. Not the most versatile, but lows and low mids are it's specialty. It's pretty high output, so I tell people the back of the amp gain just a bit and let the Psykes do the work. Has a really fun bouncy feel under the fingers.

Next would be the Whiskey, but that's a more balanced pickup.

Most of my other pickups are going to have a higher resonant peak and provide tightness and articulation, which is counterintuitive to low end.

Back