NAD: Bogner Twin Jet ***UPDATED w/ clips***

PurityS.L.G

30471D5A-3D6F-44BE-B84E-4013ADE15B31.jpeg

In anticipation of the arrival of my Uber MK2 I picked this baby up to keep me busy and pair it with my Rev blue. Bought it from a very nice guy who also had a Rev 2 around and was cool enough to let me jam through it as well.

A few thoughts…

1. My memory held up pretty well from what I remembered of the Rev 2. 100% all internet overhype and folklore. This amp is not that special. Voicing, texture and gain structure is the same. I was able to get the TJ to sound pretty much exactly like it, however…

2. The bass responses of these amps are different, which most Uber aficionados kind of already are aware if. Both are still humongous. The TJ punches you way much harder than the Rev 2 can but doesn’t fill the room quite as much, which would most likely be detrimental in a band setting anyway.

I’ve heard and read complaints about the lack of balls the TJ has on a few different forums and I’ve always scratched my head on that one. I’ve come to the conclusion that I believe most never cranked up the master depth at 3:00 or higher. It seems to turn some people off by having to crank up certain knobs, much like you need to do on Wizards, some Mesas, etc. Falls back on that dialing in w/ your eyes folly once again.

3. Kept the Rev 2 settings on my now new TJ to compare with my Rev Blue and after some fiddling around, I was able to get super close but the blue has very overwhelming bass. More so than the R2 and TJ. My gripe is that you have to back off the bass a bit too much in order for it to not flub out and it doesn’t sound as bold at that point.

The Uber EQ concept applies to all 3 amps but the controls all behave differently from each other. TJ adds a layer of frustration in this area but if you know how these amps work, the learning curve isn’t too bad.

This amp straight kills like I remember it and ch.1 is worth it alone on keeping it around. So much fun and so many Marshall tones you can coax. I’ve read many times people complaining that ch 1 was fuzzy and undefined. Umm…huh? LOL
I guess there are just too many variables that come into play for any consistent feedback and opinions.

Last edited:
You don't hear much about the Twin Jet these days but it's a magnificent amp. Congratulations on the acquisition! It's one of the best amps I've heard live on a big stage.

Back in the day, I had Fortin gut my TJ
and mod it into “The Angry Kannibal”.
Fixed the funky loop and noise when you bring
on the “monstrous mutes”
-the noise in the sub-low range on the depth control.

So Reinhold knows fashion
-but can’t design a fucking effects loop?
That’s hilarious 😂

It seems like a lot of amp builders design the fx loop as an afterthought though. I rarely have come across an amp where an fx loop has impressed me.

That’s hilarious 😂

It seems like a lot of amp builders design the fx loop as an afterthought though. I rarely have come across an amp where an fx loop has impressed me.
Diezel are awesome - series, parallel, some amps even with inserts.
Friedman also makes a killer loop.

Nice amp !! I gotta same TJ grille and front panel color scheme as yours... Do ya think owning a TJ is gonna put an end on the rev blue Uberschall or green ? How close can it get ?

Nice amp !! I gotta same TJ grille and front panel color scheme as yours... Do ya think owning a TJ is gonna put an end on the rev blue Uberschall or green ? How close can it get ?
All versions sound pretty much the same. Before this weekend, it was a long while since I played the green and I duped myself into thinking it was going to be voiced more raw and vicious as some owners have alluded to but that was not the case at all. If you set the eq controls the same on all 3 versions, the amps will sound very different but if you adjust them they can all sound the same. The only difference between them all like I mentioned was the bass response. I now can see why many do not like the blue version at all.

To answer your question, I'm keeping both at least for now. The blue is the easiest to dial out of all the versions, which I like. When I get the new MK2 version, I'll do a shoot out between them all and see how I feel after that. If I were you I would be a proud papa of your TJ. Shit kicks you in the fkn chest hard! :D

All versions sound pretty much the same. Before this weekend, it was a long while since I played the green and I duped myself into thinking it was going to be voiced more raw and vicious as some owners have alluded to but that was not the case at all. If you set the eq controls the same on all 3 versions, the amps will sound very different but if you adjust them they can all sound the same. The only difference between them all like I mentioned was the bass response. I now can see why many do not like the blue version at all.

To answer your question, I'm keeping both at least for now. The blue is the easiest to dial out of all the versions, which I like. When I get the new MK2 version, I'll do a shoot out between them all and see how I feel after that. If I were you I would be a proud papa of your TJ. Shit kicks you in the fkn chest hard! :D
And ya out for the new ultra Uber ? Yes and thanks for clearing up the fog here.... The Twin jet is indeed insane !!

So for a quick reference of what I'm talking about and hearing in the room, I recorded some clips. No technical playing as I want you guys to hear the grind and voicing that the Uber is loved and known for. The TJ itself or the Rev Blue boosted can do tight riffing all day, that's not what this amp excels with at its heart.

First up is TJ set to how it sounded exact like the sellers Rev 2 that he had and was not up for sale.

Second is Rev Blue with the exact settings as the TJ set for Rev 2 matching sound

Last is the Rev Blue to match up with how the TJ sounds in the room with the Rev 2 settings. To my ears, this is as close as I could get it using my Radial ABY pedal. I couldn't tell any difference until I recorded it and listened back but as you guys will hear, there is definitely a slight difference.

Overall is that the Uberschall is the Uberschall no matter what version it is and I love this amp in any iteration that is out there. They are extremely the same and most certainly not worth the extra thousand or so difference for the earlier versions IMO.

I'll make my final conclusion when I get the new MK2 but for now, the TJ takes the cake for me due to channel 1 alone. The high gain channel is close enough to where I would be happy with any version I had.

Last edited:
Wow sorry boys. That last post means shit without any context. My bad...

2007 Gibson LPC w/ BKP Rebel Yell>-Amp>Mogami Gold cable>-Fryette Power Load IR>-ML Sound Lab Bogner Ubercab V30 IR>-Mogami Gold XLR cable>-UA Apollo

Woah that’s shrill. I see it’s an IR but that sounds like a 57 directly on the cone. There are thousands of free IRs that are smooth. Not trying to be harsh it’s just hard to develop an opinion.

Back