Great advice

I posted a clip of Josh that had a intro of some powerful arpeggios that I've working on and this popped up and it was really good advice for any guitar player.

Thanks for that. Never heard of the guy but I wish more guitarists had his mindset, not to mention hes a monster player!!

I took lessons from Jon Bjork for a couple years and he totally changed the way I practice. He had me find my fastest speed on a run where I was still playing cleanly. He then told me just to play it only one time a day for a week at like 50bpm. The following week we tested my top speed and it went up a full 20bpm. Surprised the fuck out of me. Seriously 1 time a day at 50 bpm is all it took. Before that I was always practicing stuff at my top speed. Or 80 percent then bumping it up 5% every so often. I made more improvement with playing slower in one week than I made weeks with my previous method.

This, chunking, and pick slanting has pushed me past what I thought was possible. I hit a plateau around 19 or 20 and just felt like this is as far as my talent will take me. God I wish I would have found a good teacher sooner

Back