NGD Caparison Horus

stratjacket

Haven't had a NGD in a while. As a couple may know, I relocated to Louisville KY over 3 years ago for a job, left the job in August. I moved back to Atlanta in December and accepted a new job offer to start on Feb 13. So for the last 6 months I didn't buy shit, had to be careful with money since I wasn't sure how long it may take to fond a new job.

Anyway....UNLEASH THE HOUNDS !!! I got so much shit built up I need to get my hands on. Today this arrived:

Caparison Horus WB-FX EB in Transparent white.
(WB=Walnut top/Australian Blackwood back, FX=Fixed Bridge, EB=Ebony Fretboard)
Monster!!, feels amazing, camera hard to capture the transparency, but it's pretty cool in person

24.75 scale, love the scale length on the Horus. He has a new pickup (SH-27FC) for this guitar, I like it so far, feels a little thicker, less of a harsh upper edge than previous versions.

1.jpeg

5.jpeg

4.jpeg

I may have a Horus problem !!
2.jpeg

I
awesome :love:. I recently read someone hating on Caparison inlays. I dig 'em

any tuning issues with the non-straight string pull?
I love the clock inlays, so much attention to detail. Fret 3 has the clock at 3:00, fret 5 the clock says 5:00, etc…

I’ve never had any tuning issues, they are rock solid. The strings are pretty straight, only a slight veer on the A string but not bad at all. The head angle is a nice 15 degrees, so it’s pretty solid.

That’s super sick. There’s something to be said about the simplistic badassness of a single color guitar and matching pickups especially when it’s white contrasted with an ebony fretboard.

Congrats on the NGD!!! How does it play compared to the others?

That’s super sick. There’s something to be said about the simplistic badassness of a single color guitar and matching pickups especially when it’s white contrasted with an ebony fretboard.

Congrats on the NGD!!! How does it play compared to the others?
They all play great, the one I play the most is the black FXAM with no dots (I added small dots), it plays effortlessly. Quality guitars, the action can be adjusted so low. The Custom Line and the white one feel more substantial if that makes sense.

Back