Brand New Floyd Rose Only To Age it (Before and After)

Scott I am noob for guitar suppliers parts

I looked at both mjt and musikraft websites thanks!

Why neck at musikraft? What are the specs please?

scottosan":1ao5be29 said:
psychodave":1ao5be29 said:
I’m sure you have...BUT, if not, change out the neck screws and make sure they are the correct length. I wouldn’t trust the Chinese screws.
I bought some calliham steel screws.

Dave,

Do you prefer brass or steel blocks on your Floyd’s. I’ve heard the stew is a little brighter, which I may like. Debating whether the new the steel block until I try it, but then I’d have to disassemble and reintonate if I want to change later

Who makes a steel block for Floyd Rose's? I'd like to try one.

Chubtone":y2py3ga3 said:
scottosan":y2py3ga3 said:
psychodave":y2py3ga3 said:
I’m sure you have...BUT, if not, change out the neck screws and make sure they are the correct length. I wouldn’t trust the Chinese screws.
I bought some calliham steel screws.

Dave,

Do you prefer brass or steel blocks on your Floyd’s. I’ve heard the stew is a little brighter, which I may like. Debating whether the new the steel block until I try it, but then I’d have to disassemble and reintonate if I want to change later

Who makes a steel block for Floyd Rose's? I'd like to try one.
I stand corrected no thought the stock was steel. Just tried a magnet and it laughed at me. Just looked it up and it’s nickel plated brass. I feel stupid

scottosan":3eqxorq8 said:
I stand corrected no thought the stock was steel. Just tried a magnet and it laughed at me. Just looked it up and it’s nickel plated brass. I feel stupid

Everyone thinks the stock one is steel. Nothing to feel dumb about. I would seriously love to try a big steel block on a Floyd just to see what it sounds like.

scottosan":2ju5htg2 said:
GreatRedDragon":2ju5htg2 said:
Fucking badass! I've wanted to do this project for a very long time.

Did MJT make the body or are they just finishing it?

What are you doing for tuners?
KnE body. Schaller M6 Nickel. Unless I can find nickel gotohs. Ordering this week

Going for something like this, with less aging

I've got a KnE Charvel body. I matched it with a Pro-Mod neck and the neck pocket was as tight as you'd hope.

That's going to be a sweet guitar. Double creams and brass hardware is as good as it gets.

I recently found, on the Japanese Yahoo Auctions, a set of Gotoh crownhead tuners for $20. Twenty fucking bucks. They were 3+3, but I was to put the buttons on a new set of Gotohs. I totally fucked up the bidding process and they slipped through my fingers.

GreatRedDragon":1el108dh said:
scottosan":1el108dh said:
GreatRedDragon":1el108dh said:

KnE body. Schaller M6 Nickel. Unless I can find nickel gotohs. Ordering this week

Going for something like this, with less aging

I've got a KnE Charvel body. I matched it with a Pro-Mod neck and the neck pocket was as tight as you'd hope.

That's going to be a sweet guitar. Double creams and brass hardware is as good as it gets.

I recently found, on the Japanese Yahoo Auctions, a set of Gotoh crownhead tuners for $20. Twenty fucking bucks. They were 3+3, but I was to put the buttons on a new set of Gotohs. I totally fucked up the bidding process and they slipped through my fingers.

Frigging beautiful, you and I have very similar tastes in relicing... the more thrashed the better...

GreatRedDragon":90zm0u83 said:

Since my choice is limited for nickel tuners and not many 80s tuners available, I just ordered a set of Schaller M6 Mini’s in nickel

I know this is an older thread but where did you get the pickup rings from? It's hard to find good high quality ones these days.

Just seeing this. Love this project :cheers:

I'm one of those that went from hating relic'd guitars to loving them. I especially love the relic'd floyd - and I'm not a floyd guy. Out of curiously, and you don't have to answer if you don't want to, but how much would this guitar be worth if you sold it?

Incredible build. That roasted Birdseye neck is worth the cost of admission. So great having you on this forum. I’ve got one of your Sunset Strip pickups on my shelf - gotta clear the time to get it in one of my guitars!!!

Just seeing this. Love this project :cheers:

I'm one of those that went from hating relic'd guitars to loving them. I especially love the relic'd floyd - and I'm not a floyd guy. Out of curiously, and you don't have to answer if you don't want to, but how much would this guitar be worth if you sold it?
Body $169
MJT relic/paint $280
Musikraft 4a neck $495
Floyd Rose $220
Schaller M6 mini 99
Misc brass and small parts $100
Pickups :D

I've got about $1350 plus into it. Anyone who's played it can attest that it's not your typical parts guitar. Ive got even less into my purple sparkle guitar

Attachments

• PXL_20230114_171259030.jpg
    PXL_20230114_171259030.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 30
How do you go about aging your brass parts? I have a brass bridge I'm looking to age and was curious cause your stuff turned out fantastic.

How do you go about aging your brass parts? I have a brass bridge I'm looking to age and was curious cause your stuff turned out fantastic.
75% hydrogen peroxide, 25% distilled vinegar and a few dashes of salt. This created peracetic acid. You're pretty safe if you get it on your skin. It's not as quick as muriatic I usually be just drop parts in a and periodically check them ever few minutes with a plastic spoon

Back