John 5's "Un-rig talk" Motley Rig

Kapo_Polenton

Who does this guy think he is?? JVM's? All BOSS pedal board??! Telecasters with a tele headstock?! What's his problem! I move to cancel him and his rig here at Rig Talk. His choice in boring off the shelf gear is not acceptable by any standard held by any dad body on this forum. ( of which I am one)

But seriously, I would have thought he would have used a Kemper of a SLO mixed with a Marshall mod of some type to for the Mick feel but I guess when it is blaring over a stadium P.A system, nobody is judging.

John 5 is so damn good. Saw him live a few years ago with my wife and she even liked it which was a total shock.
I thought he was always a JCM 900 guy, buy I guess this was a while back.

So much talent playing for such a shitty band.

I think he shouldn't soil himself playing for these fuckers.

So much talent playing for such a shitty band.

I think he shouldn't soil himself playing for these fuckers.

He will make more on one tour with them than he has in the past 10 years.. good move. Beat that horse until it is dead 10 times over.

As for his playing, like I said , it is sterile. Technically great but like a bunch of everyone else's licks put together. His country or finger picking is great though. Same with the Polyphia'ish fretboard and bridge tap taps. But yeah, that tone is shit. It's buzzsaw and has no body.

iIs this their 5th farewell tour? They always get teary eyed about it and then do another. Time to put that thing to bed

i like how he stacked his (what looks like)boss chorus pedal on top of an sd-1, so they both turn on at once. after seeing that, i'm shocked i've never seen that before.

Back