NAD - Marshall 1977 JMP 2203 + clips!

Bill-Lumberg-Uh-Yeah-Office-Space.gif

Or, someone could ditch that hot "mod" and make sure the amp is operating correctly first. If the amp has a lot of gain in the preamp then properly shield the input; not limit the use of the amp.
They make that point on the hot mod website. I haven’t yet, but will likely do so as and when the amp needs a service

Thanks a lot everyone! I can't imagine myself playing it without a pedal to be honest haha s
I've set my eyes on the Mr scary Hot mod but it's 400 euros shipped... Any good pedals to make this beast breathe fire? I will soon try running both my bad monkey and TC booster at the same time
yeah man sounds awesome!!

Congrats OP! Looks killer and sounds even better! 🤟
Thx a lot guyz!

Thanks a lot everyone! I can't imagine myself playing it without a pedal to be honest haha s
I've set my eyes on the Mr scary Hot mod but it's 400 euros shipped... Any good pedals to make this beast breathe fire? I will soon try running both my bad monkey and TC booster at the same time

Thx a lot guyz!
I used to double boost these with an SD1 and a cheap Dano fish n chips eq pedal…but my OD1X does that by itself and is super quiet.

Thx a lot guyz!
that Mr Scary mod would be fun, can’t go wrong with an sd-1, but Im not sure if will have the brutz that the pedal in your video has

I’m having a brain fart and it’s driving me nuts . What’s the fit riff you play in the clip

You got yourself a good one! Now get yourself one of these Hot Mod. I use this in my 1980 JMP 2204. No need for a OD pedal

Attachments

• 35716866-47D2-46AA-9850-C5355CF57EFC.jpeg
    35716866-47D2-46AA-9850-C5355CF57EFC.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Thx a lot guyz!
Pepers' Dirty Tree. https://peperspedals.bigcartel.com/product/dirty-tree

Actually a clone of the Fortin 33 I guess (DT mode where only the level knob is active) but switchable to the full TC Integrated Preamp circuit (TC mode) that uses the high and low knobs. So a little redundant seeming for you considering what you already have, but the DT/33 mode does "that thing" and pushes the 800 like nothing else I've tried personally. If I want to go more SD-1 style and not so extreme, I like the MXR M77/Custom Badass Modified OD.

You know we all are chasing that tone and believing that new gadget of a amp that just come out with those Bozo caps and Nano tubes ……. That Swiss Army knife of a amp that is going to take us to tone heaven. But to only find yourself dropping that wad of cash on that MAJOR purchase to only find out QUICKLY it’s not what I thought. When all you need to do is get your hands on one of these older Marshalls that has not been too hacked up or sliced and diced up with mods by the neighborhood suppose to be amp tech and BINGO most of our dreams would be answered. Utilize the volume and tone knobs of the guitar spice it up with some OD pedals throw in a few effect pedals and it want get any better and your done.

I wish I could utilize my on advice.

Had the hot mod.
It was good with my 4104, but not so much better that it was preferable to using a pedal for boosting.
You lose some cleanup potential. I'd probably have kept it if I didn't have other amps with more gain, and didn't use clean-crunch much.

I use Tim/Timmy, Klon, treble booster and eq for boosts into the Marshall. Each one is a bit different.

Back