Any BABYMETAL fans here??

I am very curious to hear a single band on the planet that you think sounds like them. I’m fully aware that you probably don’t like them on principle and not because you’ve ever really listened to them, but I’m genuinely curious what bands that the uninitiated think they sound like.
They definitely aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, but they are wildly original
I wonder why you're unable to accept someone else's opinion.
Please understand I don't care at all for your personal opinion or your music taste. If you do like them, Britney Spears, GG Allin, Slayer or Justin Bieber, that's your choice and I have nothing against it.
But don't try to make me agree with you because I don't like this band. Period. And the more more you try to prove me wrong, the more I hate their music.
Learn to accept other peoples opinions. You're posting on a forum, giving other people the opportunity to read and reply.
So, beware not everyone will agree 100% with your music taste.
And I can't believe that we still need to write this long of an explanation for something that is that obvious!

Please understand I don't care at all for your personal opinion or your music taste. If you do like them, Britney Spears, GG Allin, Slayer or Justin Bieber, that's your choice and I have nothing against it.
But don't try to make me agree with you because I don't like this band. Period. And the more more you try to prove me wrong, the more I hate their music.
Learn to accept other peoples opinions. You're posting on a forum, giving other people the opportunity to read and reply.
And I can't believe that we still need to write this long of an explanation for something that is that obvious!

Well if we are being pedantic, my thread is titled “any BabyMetal fans here?”, which would imply that it’s for people that like their music. A simple “no” would suffice if you just HAD to add your input.

But I’m not trying to convince you to like them, just that I’m confident your assessment of them is based on you seeing them as a manufactured pop act, and not because you have any real knowledge of their music. Which is fine by me, I was just asking who you think they sound like because you said they were the same as other boy/girl groups.

If I wanted to convince a guitarist to like them, I’d post this

You wouldn’t if you wouldn’t shit in threads about things you don’t gaf about. Why is this so hard to understand? The thread title is super simple.

Just let others talk about things they like without walking up to the water cooler and taking a dump on the conversation. It’s just common decency for fucks sake.

I am very curious to hear a single band on the planet that you think sounds like them.
They definitely aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, but they are wildly original
Agreed, and that's always been why I liked 'em since they first appeared.

I mean, they literally created a new genre - kawaii or "cute" metal.

The plan was to introduce metal to consumers who'd otherwise never have listened to a bar of it and IMHO they succeed big-time.

EDIT:
IMHO the songs are maturely-written and show much imagination in arrangement and production. The playing and grooves are top-notch. The melodies show more maturity and musicality by a mile than what one would normally hear in metal.

As a one-man band / songwriter, these are qualities that make me sit up and take notice.

I love Babymetal!
Karate is my fav
Same here on both counts Ray.
Karate is epic bro'. :rock:

Have you caught any of the info or speculation after their 2 concerts over the weekend? There is a lot going on haha
No, sorry mate.

I don't generally follow the minutia of day-to-day stuff regarding artists, albums, movies or anything really.

That said, Divine Attack's out there as a preview for the upcoming album, but I'm sure you've heard it 'cause it dropped last year:

I love thee first few albums, but havent heard the more recent stuff.
My wife sent me this one year, lol.

Baby.jpg

You wouldn’t if you wouldn’t shit in threads about things you don’t gaf about. Why is this so hard to understand? The thread title is super simple.

Just let others talk about things they like without walking up to the water cooler and taking a dump on the conversation. It’s just common decency for fucks sake.
I completely agree with you but this is a forum. So, if someone is going to post a somewhat off-topic thread on a subjective topic like this (insert band, artist, youtuber, etc) then one also has to be prepared for those that don't agree and have enough free time to let you know they don't agree.

That's all :)

I, for one, think the band Texas Hippie Coalition should have been called "Gravy Metal".

There, I said it.

No, sorry mate.

I don't generally follow the minutia of day-to-day stuff regarding artists, albums, movies or anything really.

That said, Divine Attack's out there as a preview for the upcoming album, but I'm sure you've heard it 'cause it dropped last year:

Basically since Yui left the band back in 2018, and they have been using various fill ins for her at concerts, but no official replacement. Last weekend they had two concerts and the last one ended with 3 clear coffins appearing on stage. The two main girls each got in a coffin and the 3rd one already had someone in it, however their back was turned and no one really knows who it was. The next day an announcement was made of a "rebirth" of the band and a whole bunch of other cryptic stuff.
so the theories are flying.

also something interesting that they did was during "doki doki morning" , 3 new girls came on stage to perform the song dressed in baby metal's old outfits. These girls were all like 15 or 14 years old like BabyMetal were when it came out. I don't know if that's going to be a thing or not. If the band is going to branch out with their new stuff and let a new band perform their old cutesy stuff. At the concert it was presented more of a time travel or memory of the band, so it's possible it doesn't go anywhere from just that either.

That will be disappointing if they reboot with younger singers but I suppose I get it. Baby Metal is a contrived act to hit a demographic, from what I understand, so they might need to reset if they want to maintain that instead of growing with their existing fan base.

That will be disappointing if they reboot with younger singers but I suppose I get it. Baby Metal is a contrived act to hit a demographic, from what I understand, so they might need to reset if they want to maintain that instead of growing with their existing fan base.

Yea I feel the same. I could see if they all toured together and the “new girls” do a small set in the middle of the show it might go over well.
But I think if I had to choose, I’d rather see the band grow and do new things at the risk of leaving some older stuff behind. At least there are a million videos to watch if I get nostalgic.

Then again maybe it was just something they did for that show. :dunno:

Back