Post a pic of your #1 all-around killer guitar

F6-C4-BA38-2-A95-4-AA1-AEF2-1-AD222-E8192-F.jpg

That's the thickest low E string I think I've even seen on the guitar in the bottom pick , like steel cable lol.

It looks that way, but it's just a 10-46 set of Curt Mangan pure nickel strings. They are slinkier than my normal D'Addario XL110 10-46 set

Reactions: ccn
Honestly, I think it's this one:

uBpAg9S.jpg

USACG maple/rosewood neck with a boatneck contour and vintage-style tuners for about $150, USACG swamp ash body that somebody put a half-ass aftermarket humbucker route in the bridge on that's a bit out of position (also about $150), Bladerunner trem, and Fralin Blues pickups that somebody threw in as a bonus for another purchase. Holy shit, I scored on this one; of all my guitars, I play best on this, sound the best, and play it the most.

Edit: oh yeah, I think the original owner finished in polyESTER (not poly urethane) and it cracks hard, like a crack in the surface of an M&M. No matter, I think it's still the best.

My SG standard is the one I always come back to. I fitted some David Allen Powerage pickups in it. Killer t-top clones

The Billy Bo next to it is a work in progress..

E6B030F5-981F-4E74-8FD2-08FCA502C636.png

I’ve got a Reason SM50 myself and like it a lot. How do you like the SM40? An el84 Reason sounds like it could be interesting
I’m a total reason fan boy. I had an sm50 for many years and absolutely loved it. I also have a Reato and now an SM40.
It took me a minute to get used to the 40, as the volume and tone controls are very interactive. But I liked it enough to sell the 50 a few months back. I’d say the 40 is a little softer than the 50, less punch. Also less gain.
But it is very dynamic and fun to play.
I have one of his recent khan Pak amps which is incredibly good.
If I was in a hypothetical scenario of only owning one amp, I would probably go back to the 50, but other amps I have come pretty close

Kiesel SCB - 25. 5 inch scalet thinner neck profile , Black limba body with 5 piece black limba maple neck, Flame maple top, stainless steel jumbo frets, ebony fingerboard, hipshot tremolo, chambered body and piezo system.

This my guitar getting stained

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221217-183134_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221217-183134_Chrome.jpg
    467.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I’m a total reason fan boy. I had an sm50 for many years and absolutely loved it. I also have a Reato and now an SM40.
It took me a minute to get used to the 40, as the volume and tone controls are very interactive. But I liked it enough to sell the 50 a few months back. I’d say the 40 is a little softer than the 50, less punch. Also less gain.
But it is very dynamic and fun to play.
I have one of his recent khan Pak amps which is incredibly good.
If I was in a hypothetical scenario of only owning one amp, I would probably go back to the 50, but other amps I have come pretty close
Oh cool, I’ve not heard of the Reato model. Will have to look it up. I have other amps that also come close to my SM50, but not quite. I just keep it for its stacked mode. It’s the juicy midrange growl it has on there that’s made it a keeper for me. I’m a big el84 fan also, so maybe will have to try the SM40 one of these days. I don’t actually find my SM50 to be the punchiest amp compared to some of my others, but not bad either. In many ways it sounds to me like a better version of what I wanted some of the orange amps to be

My avatar pic shows mine. It started out as a kind of a '09 R7 basket case, with missing and mis-matched plastics, shit pickups, and a crappy factory VOS gold finish. I was going to get the top re-done with a proper goldtop until I discovered the flame hiding under the VOS. I had Dave Johnson refin the top, put in his inlays, and grabbed one of his pickguards. Then I got a full set of plastics from Terry Morgan in England. I re-used the Faber bridge/tailpiece it came with. Finally, I loaded up a set of WB VTPH's that I had been saving. This thing has been my main squeeze since then.

EBnvoT8.jpg

2018 PRS DGT Wood Library, Brazilian. I was a long-time PRS "hater". I was a traditionalist, Strats, Teles, Les Pauls. Nothing else worked for me (and I tried at least a half-dozen different PRSs over the years. Then a friend let me try his DGT and I was hooked. Neck shape/profile, weight, pickups, etc.. all perfection for me. I have many guitars, but play this one 99% of the time since I got it.

122707346_10223727709730090_1381309741424272374_o.jpg

2018 PRS DGT Wood Library, Brazilian. I was a long-time PRS "hater". I was a traditionalist, Strats, Teles, Les Pauls. Nothing else worked for me (and I tried at least a half-dozen different PRSs over the years. Then a friend let me try his DGT and I was hooked. Neck shape/profile, weight, pickups, etc.. all perfection for me. I have many guitars, but play this one 99% of the time since I got it.

View attachment 160033
Those WLs are nice! My Custom 24 Fatback WL
816C7D79-A8C3-443E-BA12-06905CF81031.jpeg

Back