Post a pic of your #1 all-around killer guitar

IMG-4267.jpg

This week it's my Double Esquire... next week it might be the Les Paul or Strat.

~ss

These three are about equal, but gun-to-my-head, the Mirage I Koa has been my #1 the longest (since ’98), so she ultimately wins. But I love them all!

F96D11BC-5329-4D1B-8B64-1E7B86A70D92.jpeg

The black eclipse gets a lot of use. Just an awesome players guitar

Attachments

• 643A32F7-21C4-4E20-AD4E-259E27B948FA.jpeg
    643A32F7-21C4-4E20-AD4E-259E27B948FA.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 25
All around for electrics it's probably this Les Paul Signature Player Plus. It has it's downsides, like it must weigh 10 lbs and I need to correct the nut with some backfiling for the usual G and B string binding, but the guitar butler also fixes it so I just haven't bothered. But the fretwork on it is perfect, I love the big round neck profile, I like how it looks and it sounds excellent with the Wolfetone Marshallheads on board.

The guitar hanging on the wall behind it though has probably my favorite neck, despite it being drastically different from the LP's neck. It's a USA Peavey LTD HB and the neck is a narrow 1 5/8" at the nut, it's a round but fairly thin profile and a 12" radius (so that last part is the same as the Les Paul). It's also a super smooth satin finish that almost feels naked even though it is a satin poly. I have long fingers but the narrow nut width is very comfortable. It takes some getting used to after playing other guitars because the strings do feel a little closer together but as someone who tends to wrap the thumb around when playing the lower frets it feels very easy to play and non-fatiguing to the hand.

LPSigPP.jpg

I also really love this Guild D-20, it plays fantastically and just has such a different sound that is full and woody and rustic. I'm probably going to get another acoustic this Summer that will do the more typical brighter and scooped tone just because that is more widely applicable in a mix context, but I fully expect to always have the Guild at hand.

guildd20.jpg

this thing kills....rewired with an 81&85 with the 24v mod. chrome top witch hat knobs now also....
That's crazy I have an old lawsuit black beauty that I was trying to determine how/if I should put 3 emgs into it. Have you ever seen one that way? Haven't thought deep on the wiring, but it would be so cool.

My 2006 SG Standard that I bought new. It has a Bareknuckle Cold Sweat in the neck and a ceramic Nailbomb in the bridge. It just has a certain resonance to it that no other guitar has.

oocJ3Z6.jpg

20230413_085922.jpg

My #1. 04ish standard purchased it as a plain top. Neglected and left in a storage facility for years. Was caked in grime had a broken neck twice repaired. Honestly, whoever didn't the last neck repair did a phenomenal job as you could barely tell unless you were told. Years of cleaning and polishing has paid off as it's actually got a really great flame. One of the best necks of all my guitars. It's a work horse for sure. Just in need of a fret job and she'll be back to where she was 10 years ago when I got her.

My Ibanez PS10, shown here with one of my PS60. PS120 (not shown) is close second.

New-PS10.JPG

0D4BEC43-88C5-4DFF-BFA8-AD7C52F80DDE.png
161AAD9C-6BC5-4A0F-9315-FEA75ADCFA39.jpeg
2F9899AA-8678-4D27-85BB-8390D0C43EA0.jpeg

The strat is still my #1 but I’m already on my 2nd refret since getting it, have played the crap out of it. So I try to spread the wear evenly and honestly rotate to a different one each day these days. And of course some things the strat is not as suited to as others.

Back