NAD - Unreal CL score

sahlomonic

I really haven't browsed my local Craigslist for a few years, but every now and then I'll hop on and see the same ol' listings. Today found an ad for a Peavey Ultra Plus. Hardly ever see those around anymore. Then I noticed the ad stated FREE. Quickly emailed the guy and asked where he wanted to meet. He replies back with a location, then fires another email saying 'sorry, I thought I was talking to the first guy that responded. My bad". No big deal, I figured I was just late to the game. So then about an hour and a half later, he emails me again saying 'the first guy hasn't responded yet, so its yours if you still want it'. DONE. An hour later I get back home with the amp, and a bonus. He said the Peavey may or may not be working, as he hasn't used it in a long time and doesn't have a way of testing it. Not a problem for me at all if it needs work. Also wanted to get rid of his Crest power amp, so he tossed that in also free.

Here's the haul I got for free:

S0Yza7w.jpg

asWQg5E.jpg

So the Peavey does power up, but indeed no sound. Pulled the chassis and found the culprit at the power tube socket base. Hopefully by the end of the weekend I'll have it up and running:

PXL_20230203_012649925.jpg

Attachments

• tttuyQk.jpg
    tttuyQk.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Great deal. Keep us informed if you get the amp working or not.
If it's a simple as it looks and no blown transformers, I should have it running in a couple days. May have to dig out my audio probe but I hope it's not that bad. Going to de-oxit all the knobs and jacks too because I'm sure they're tarnished. All the fuses are still check out as good, but one of the power tubes has burn marks by the plates, so I'll have to order a new set (currently borrowing all the tubes from my Jet City 100h to function test it).

Stand by, all!

Back