Let's See Your Band Live...

Take 10 more points and you got Forest Gump.
I believe seasoned musicians play for other musicians. Try to impress; not screw up etc etc. younger musicians play for leg…
Well That’s a generalization. But….. not far off.
Ehh fuck that. All play for hot females who happen to appreciate Rush, Van Halen, and Lynch Mob. 😏
Every woman I ever saw that liked Rush also resembled Geddy Lee

Every woman I ever saw that liked Rush also resembled Geddy Lee
Yeah. Agree. We also used to make fun of the “chicks” picking our precocious buddy up while we would play basketball on the driveway as early teens…. Then we would go home and wish it was us getting picked up vs jerking it. Just shut your eyes!! We have all done it.

Yeah. Agree. We also used to make fun of the “chicks” picking our precocious buddy up while we would play basketball on the driveway as early teens…. Then we would go home and wish it was us getting picked up vs jerking it. Just shut your eyes!! We have all done it.
I tried that once but couldn’t get past the razor stubble

Here are a few... just weekend warriors having fun. The lineup at the place where you can't see the bass player (he's behind a speaker! LOL) is our regular lineup... a couple of these had a fill-in Bassist or fill-in Drummer.

EDIT (to add rig/gear info) :

PRS DGT -> Boss Wireless -> Helix LT (using Friedman and Trainwreck models for cleans and Plexi for driven tones, plus a Klon and Timmy models to push it) -> direct into he PA (no speaker on stage, just my wedge monitor). EASY PEASY set up and tear down. Guitar, couple of Cables, a Mic and Mic Stand and a 14lb floor processor.

Last edited:
I feel like we missed a good opportunity to ask everyone to list the rig specs so we can hear what they sound like live. Maybe folks can go back & edit their posts?

why is it that great cover tunes like this get no love from the crowd; it’s like you have a rectum coming out of your forehead when you play it: Then the dumbest tunes in the world like “achy fucking breaky” or “Macarena” seem to get people going.
That was the worst part about playing covers for me.

We'd do a cool song that everyone in the band loved, and had a cool rendition that we were stoked to play out, with a good energy between everyone on stage, and there'd be crickets chirping. But they loved the stupid 3 chord poppy songs, that we only put into the set because they filled space with little rehearsal time needed.

A lot of really cool stuff posted here. Cool to check out.

A couple oldies...1991 and 1994 Fun times. Probably posted these before, years ago.

Riekerz we did about 50/50 originals and covers. I am playing the scalloped neck V and the other is playing a scalloped original Charvel. This was filmed at the Alrosa Villa in Columbus Ohio. We used to play there a lot.

We also did a Maiden tribute band Powerslave. It was a lot of fun. Not good quality but all there is footage wise. This was with my 5150 and PRS somewhere in Chicago.

A couple oldies...1991 and 1994 Fun times. Probably posted these before, years ago.

Riekerz we did about 50/50 originals and covers. I am playing the scalloped neck V and the other is playing a scalloped original Charvel. This was filmed at the Alrosa Villa in Columbus Ohio. We used to play there a lot.

We also did a Maiden tribute band Powerslave. It was a lot of fun. Not good quality but all there is footage wise. This was with my 5150 and PRS somewhere in Chicago.

Jesus! I’m quitting. 🫤. Fucking stacks! Whores. Drum set looks like Mt Vesuvius. Great voice too

Jesus! I’m quitting. 🫤. Fucking stacks! Whores. Drum set looks like Mt Vesuvius. Great voice too
We were fortunate to have this venue to be able to bring some gear. Not many places to do that. The Alrosa back in the day was an awesome place to play. Some great times.

I typically like heavier music but I co-founded this band in '97 and it evolved into a successful 20 year run, and much more fun than I would've ever imagined. This one definitely made the most $$$ but I've suffered some abuse for the material.😆

Last edited:

What was the band?

Back