"Chinese spy balloon"

I don't really know what it is, but I doubt if any major power wanted to spy on us they would use a huge ass balloon. They have hundreds of multi million dollar satellites that can do a way better job. I still maintain we should send our own huge, penis shaped balloon back and see what happens.
giphy.gif

I don't really know what it is, but I doubt if any major power wanted to spy on us they would use a huge ass balloon. They have hundreds of multi million dollar satellites that can do a way better job. I still maintain we should send our own huge, penis shaped balloon back and see what happens.
I tend to agree, but sometimes the simplest things gets overlooked. This ballon seems like a major success for China.

I tend to agree, but sometimes the simplest things gets overlooked. This ballon seems like a major success for China.
It's a success in the fact that everyone is freaking out about a balloon. Psyops shit. The easiest wins in a war are the ones where you never have to fire a single shot. I have heard people honestly saying "The balloon could be filled with a new form of Covid". I just can't believe people would be that dense.

I agree, it makes no sense. I guarantee military level satellites can count the hairs on your head.

It's a success in the fact that everyone is freaking out about a balloon. Psyops shit. The easiest wins in a war are the ones where you never have to fire a single shot. I have heard people honestly saying "The balloon could be filled with a new form of Covid". I just can't believe people would be that dense.

That's the thing. It's driving a wedge between the citizens either way.

Scenario 1) We don't shoot it down = Biden is weak, Trump would have flown on a bald eagle's back, and wrestled it to the ground himself.
Scenario 2) We do shoot it down = They will say Biden just released a deadly virus all over the US.

There's no winning scenario. Logically scenario 1 is the best choice, given we know satellites do this job just fine. We know this is not a real spy operation.

Ad hominem attack's coming in, 3, 2, 1....

I agree, it makes no sense. I guarantee military level satellites can count the hairs on your head.
There's a dozen reasons why it doesn't make sense that this is a spy balloon. First and largest, you can't control where a balloon goes, it's literally at the mercy of the wind. Let me quash the "it's got a motor on it" counter argument right now. Jet streams (a quick google search tells me) have speeds of up to 275 mph at an altitude of 4 to 8 miles. That's the altitude this big ass balloon is at. The motor and prop, or the jet engine that could fight those winds would be HUGE given the fact that the balloon has zero aerodynamic shaping.

So let's drop this spy balloon nonsense when, as you said, the satellites can indeed count the change in your pocket.

There's a dozen reasons why it doesn't make sense that this is a spy balloon. First and largest, you can't control where a balloon goes, it's literally at the mercy of the wind. Let me quash the "it's got a motor on it" counter argument right now. Jet streams (a quick google search tells me) have speeds of up to 275 mph at an altitude of 4 to 8 miles. That's the altitude this big ass balloon is at. The motor and prop, or the jet engine that could fight those winds would be HUGE given the fact that the balloon has zero aerodynamic shaping.

So let's drop this spy balloon nonsense when, as you said, the satellites can indeed count the change in your pocket.
I hope this isn't that "amp knowledge" you were talking about.

:ROFLMAO:

I hope this isn't that "amp knowledge" you were talking about.

:ROFLMAO:
I'm happy you read my posts with deep interest.

If you have something you want to debate, spell it out. What do you find wrong in my spy balloon post? No memes, no jokes, no funny comebacks - like an adult - tell me what you think is in error. Can you do it???

EDIT: I'll check back in a few hours. Gotta go buy some parts for a Tele I'm working on. Hey, do you play guitar?

I'm happy you read my posts with deep interest.

If you have something you want to debate, spell it out. What do you find wrong in my spy balloon post? No memes, no jokes, no funny comebacks - like an adult - tell me what you think is in error. Can you do it???

EDIT: I'll check back in a few hours. Gotta go buy some parts for a Tele I'm working on. Hey, do you play guitar?
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

-- Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Right, and that is 275mph worth of force on every square inch of that big ass balloon. 0 chance of controlled maneuverability

EDIT: You might actually be able to maneuver laterally.

Last edited:

Sounds like you speak from design experience, comrade

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

-- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Just like I thought. You got nothing. But carry on stalking me. You were smart to walk away.

Last edited:
Back