Peavey 6505 1992 Original Playthrough

Bad.Seed

hey guys, I know there was some discussion about the 1992 original here a couple weeks back and there were some questions.

my playthrough video goes live at 12:30 Eastern Standard Time

hopefully this answers anything you guys are curious about. I know this forum isn't crazy about you tubers but I don't mind, I'm just here for a good time

Thanks Kyle. I've been waiting for this one for a long time, as I've always liked the OG a bit better than the +/II models.
Also I'm class of 92, so it's cool they put the year in the corner.

I usually like the tones that you dial in, but once you scooped it out a little, I remembered why I like those amps with the mid knob below noon. For my taste, the mid knob in those amps works in just the right frequency that when you turn it down, you just turn the honk and stuffiness down while you leave the good cutting mids still in there.

Killer demo as always, Kyle.

Last edited:
hey guys, I know there was some discussion about the 1992 original here a couple weeks back and there were some questions.

my playthrough video goes live at 12:30 Eastern Standard Time

hopefully this answers anything you guys are curious about. I know this forum isn't crazy about you tubers but I don't mind, I'm just here for a good time
Very helpful as always mate, cheers for sharing \w/

Also, there is a point around the 18 minute mark where I say the level of gain is creating mud, turn down the gain for the other channel and then say that fixed it.
Goes to show how sometimes we hear things based on perceptions or visual cues.
At least I never claimed to be some sort of professional or authority, because I am definitely neither. 😂

How dare you
I know you're joking, but how's this for our introduction to Youtube.

The first video we published had a small error on the model of our Hiwatt amp (100 rather than the 50). Some dude left a comment saying he would never watch our videos again because of this. Gotta love folks like this, they must live a life of very high standards indeed.

Keep rockin' Kyle, and keep posting here - the guys that don't dig it don't have to engage.

I know you're joking, but how's this for our introduction to Youtube.

The first video we published had a small error on the model of our Hiwatt amp (100 rather than the 50). Some dude left a comment saying he would never watch our videos again because of this. Gotta love folks like this, they must live a life of very high standards indeed.

Keep rockin' Kyle, and keep posting here - the guys that don't dig it don't have to engage.
I think people underestimate how much energy, work, and focus it takes to be on camera, especially when it doesn't come naturally. Not only do you have to focus on the objective of the video, but you have to try to come off in a way that holds the viewers attention and make sure you recite the information in your head correctly.

I know, first world problems. But it's definitely one of those things where you tend to think "dude, how could you mess that up?" until you try it. I am very guilty of this myself and I've been humbled on multiple occasions

Kyle, you’re one of the only ones I dig at this point because you actually do stuff with your channel and don’t just do click bait shit. That being said, I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I think I enjoyed the Sheffields more with the amp than the v30s. I’m curious how it fares with other amps. That thing cut like a knife with that though.

Yeah those 1230 speakers are no joke at all, despite people sometimes calling the brand shitfield lol. I have one in my studio-pro combo that I robbed from a broken silver-stripe bandit.

I think people underestimate how much energy, work, and focus it takes to be on camera, especially when it doesn't come naturally. Not only do you have to focus on the objective of the video, but you have to try to come off in a way that holds the viewers attention and make sure you recite the information in your head correctly.

I know, first world problems. But it's definitely one of those things where you tend to think "dude, how could you mess that up?" until you try it. I am very guilty of this myself and I've been humbled on multiple occasions
...and this is why we got Leon to do ours!

At least Kyle doesn't do so many pinch harmonics as a couple other youtubers which is a good thing....because they never sound good!

Also Kyle, it sounds like it goes against every fiber of your being to be attempt to be comedic on your video approach. It is cringey to watch but it seems that you know it is cringey but you feel like you have to do it anyway; which is in itself....super cringey.

Just be true to yourself and don't try to be cute and funny, your videos will be much more tolerable without it.

Back