TGP LOL's!!

Well it’s member policed so if you got banned it’s probably because you made a “friend” that had it out for you. I also think it seems inconsistent because it’s a case by case basis. Just my .2 worth

~ss
I've actually never been banned or anything at TGP and never had a problem there.. I was just trying to be funny lol.

But at the Marshall Forum I've had several posts deleted or changed and threads deleted or locked. Never anywhere else though. Can't stand that place.. they have a handful of cool people there now like @tallcoolone but I'll probably never go back again.

When I look for info on gear I often get TGP links in the search results. Occasionally I'll read them depending on what information is available, and while there is some useful information, it's often buried in banter that I don't miss.

edit: I had no issues with the TGP mods, it was several years ago so memory fades but I vaguely recall getting dogpiled for an unpopular comment which put some members in a hissy fit, and I took the bait by responding to them which only got more members to pile on. I'm sure I had exceeded my demerit limit or the mods were just bombarded by reports on my posts in short order, and the easiest thing to do was to ban me, but I don't think a permaban was necessary? I had a few time outs there before the permaban cancelled me.

Last edited:
TGP has always been stiff. They don't suffer frankness. HCAF was the best in the mid 2000's.. Topics would roll. Can't believe it died just because they changed the Forum layout..
Haven't noticed any woke bullshit, but I only check out the Amp and Tech sections really.
Sometimes a title in the Trending scroll will catch my eye..
I'll post Clips in the Demo section, and nobody gives a fuck.. Just like here! :ROFLMAO:
Lot's of knowledgeable people over there tho.. I feel comfortable asking questions and getting real answers over there tech wise..

TGP is a forum run by nazis. They often ban people for silly, made up reasons just because one of their snowflakes ('favored-members') complains. In fact, they seem to ban people on a regular basis just because they politely complain about favored-members insulting and disparaging others. Trading is the only benefit there, but even if you just trade and avoid all other discussions, sooner or later one of their favored-members will get you banned for some arbitrary reason (usually a cause that would more appropriately be applied to them). You could have 100% positive trades but their sinister little operatives will get you banned for fictitious, unrelated reasons like 'repetitive posting' or something equally vague and really stupid.
If you post anything about JHS pedals, Mesa Boogie, Engl, or a brand some of their favored-members don't like, they'll inundate your thread with stupid personal criticisms and irrelevant comments - as if they're making a concerted effort to obscure any relevant information people have posted about the brand/product. If you post something negative about an item one of their favored-members is trading, they'll come along to ruin your thread and try to make you look bad. It's so petty and low-class that it's like trading boutique gear in a bohemian ghetto.
They act exactly like little protester mobs burning flags and buildings for a cause they can't even articulate or define. If you disagree with one of their favored-members, it's certain one of their little buddies will come along and disparage you in order to provoke you to complain; then you get the boot. TGP was sort of like that from the beginning, but not nearly as tribal, petty, and punitive as it is now. Yet, the pervasive trend of this current age is to oppress, discourage, or otherwise obscure free speech and individual expression that's outside or contrary to the mainstream. It's not just that but society is also being plagued by a pervasive tribal mentality that's like a magnet for collective backlash. TGP is simply an instrument of oppression by tyrant snowflakes who can't satisfy women.

Last edited:
TGP is a forum run by nazis. They often ban people for silly, made up reasons just because one of their snowflakes ('favored-members') complains. In fact, they seem to ban people on a regular basis just because they politely complain about favored-members insulting and disparaging others. Trading is the only benefit there, but even if you just trade and avoid all other discussions, sooner or later one of their favored-members will get you banned for some arbitrary reason (usually a cause that would more appropriately be applied to them). You could have 100% positive trades but they're sinister little operatives will get you banned for fictitious, unrelated reasons like 'repetitive posting' or something equally vague and really stupid.
If you post anything about JHS pedals, Mesa Boogie, Engl, or a brand some of their favored-members don't like, they'll inundate your thread with stupid personal criticisms and irrelevant comments - as if they're making a concerted effort to obscure any relevant information people have posted. If you post something negative about an item one of their favored-members is trading, they'll come along to ruin your thread and try to make you look bad. It's so petty and low-class.
They act exactly like little protester mobs burning flags and buildings for a cause they can't even articulate or define. If you disagree with one of their favored-members, it's certain one of their little buddies will come along and disparage you in order to provoke you to complain; then you get the boot. TGP was sort of like that from the beginning, but not nearly as tribal, petty, and punitive as it is now. Yet, the pervasive trend of this current age is to oppress, discourage, or otherwise obscure free speech and individual expression that's outside or contrary to the mainstream. It's not just that but society is also being plagued by a pervasive tribal mentality that's like a magnet for collective backlash. TGP is simply an instrument of oppression by tyrant snowflakes who can't satisfy women.
giphy.gif

TGP is a forum run by nazis. They often ban people for silly, made up reasons just because one of their snowflakes ('favored-members') complains. In fact, they seem to ban people on a regular basis just because they politely complain about favored-members insulting and disparaging others. Trading is the only benefit there, but even if you just trade and avoid all other discussions, sooner or later one of their favored-members will get you banned for some arbitrary reason (usually a cause that would more appropriately be applied to them). You could have 100% positive trades but they're sinister little operatives will get you banned for fictitious, unrelated reasons like 'repetitive posting' or something equally vague and really stupid.
If you post anything about JHS pedals, Mesa Boogie, Engl, or a brand some of their favored-members don't like, they'll inundate your thread with stupid personal criticisms and irrelevant comments - as if they're making a concerted effort to obscure any relevant information people have posted. If you post something negative about an item one of their favored-members is trading, they'll come along to ruin your thread and try to make you look bad. It's so petty and low-class.
Their classified are definitely why I stuck around as long as I did. Or rather why I kept going back. I had dozens of great dealings there.
What sucks though is you have to pay to use them. But at the same time, whenever you get suspended for something stupid in another part of the forum, you also lose access to the part of the forum that you paid to use.
Very poorly managed and a bit greedy.

Their classified are definitely why I stuck around as long as I did. Or rather why I kept going back. I had dozens of great dealings there.
What sucks though is you have to pay to use them. But at the same time, whenever you get suspended for something stupid in another part of the forum, you also lose access to the part of the forum that you paid to use.
Did you get perma-bant, or temp-bant ?

Did you get perma-bant, or temp-bant ?
I didn’t get any notification as to why I was banned or for how long, so I had to reach out through an email.

“They” told me I could contact them again in 30 days and they would reconsider my ban.
I was there 10 years without a suspension, but I’ve received 4 in the last year, so the writing is in the wall.

I kindly declined the reconsideration and counter offered 3 licks of my butthole.

So I probably won’t be back lol

I didn’t get any notification as to why I was banned or for how long, so I had to reach out through an email.

“They” told me I could contact them again in 30 days and they would reconsider my ban.
I was there 10 years without a suspension, but I’ve received 4 in the last year, so the writing is in the wall.

I kindly declined the reconsideration and counter offered 3 licks of my butthole.

So I probably won’t be back lol
I think that's the most intellectually dishonest thing they do there; ban you with no explanation.

Totally gutless.

Yeah, that's another aspect of TGP that makes it suck hard-core. They charge you to post in classifieds then basically rip you off when one of them goes on a routine power trip and decides you need the boot. I've followed threads before and seen them abruptly boot people without any credible reason whatsoever. Sometimes I think, "Man, he handled that better than I would have," but then you see the guy get banned for an eloquent yet slightly sarcastic response.

The tyrants at TGP are low-IQ. Whenever someone posts something very clever and very subtly jabbing without crossing any lines, they short-circuit and ban the person because they don't have the brain power to respond on that level. They're like Neanderthals that switched roles with women.

Sometimes their actions are so punitive and absurd that you have to wonder what kind of sadistic creature is cackling behind their keyboard in women's panties sucking a ring-pop. It's like they have no shame in how petty and low they go.

For a platform that wouldn't exist without a diversity of people, it's amazing how much they can oppress, mistreat, and rip them off. It must be that people in this day and age are simply so inured that they've lost all sight of their own value as patrons. Many who trade there continue to pay fees for that sole benefit; unwilling willing to get off the trading shelf long enough to let another platform supplant it. TGP hardly even facilitates the trade there. The only reason it survives is because the mods benefit from it and bully all the members who've spent years providing the building blocks of their trade center. If it weren't for people who care about honest gear trade, TGP wouldn't exist because no one would bother paying their stupid fees except lackeys and those desperate for some degree of virtual social status.

TGP is a strange paradox where honest traders thrive among corrupt, vindictive, tyrants that oppress them. Most people don't realize how much the mods/admins there reap corrupt benefits in the gear trade by bullying and oppressing people on their own platform. If you pay attention, you'll be surprised how many of their members are so desperate to please the mods and their mob buddies that they practically give away high end gear for peanuts. Some manufacturers and resellers are either willing to make concessions or desperate not to let go of the potential benefits, and TGP is corrupt enough and willing to exploit it all for their own benefit - including trashing certain companies/brands who produce competitive products. If TGP were to be under investigation, they'd find all kinds of valuable gear and unreported income from each one of them. I guarantee you they all wouldn't be on such haughty power trips if they weren't sucking the teet hard.

Yep, I don't recall a reason for my permaban, I was just unable to log in so I could never see my account notifications. I also didn't contact anyone to try to get it reversed. Same user name as here.

I was looking on the web for something and TGP threads showed up in the search, one in which I was mentioned and someone posted my "last seen date" that was a few years before his post...so I'm guessing the fact I was permabanned isn't indicated in my profile which still existed a few years after?

TGP is a forum run by nazis. They often ban people for silly, made up reasons just because one of their snowflakes ('favored-members') complains. In fact, they seem to ban people on a regular basis just because they politely complain about favored-members insulting and disparaging others. Trading is the only benefit there, but even if you just trade and avoid all other discussions, sooner or later one of their favored-members will get you banned for some arbitrary reason (usually a cause that would more appropriately be applied to them). You could have 100% positive trades but their sinister little operatives will get you banned for fictitious, unrelated reasons like 'repetitive posting' or something equally vague and really stupid.
If you post anything about JHS pedals, Mesa Boogie, Engl, or a brand some of their favored-members don't like, they'll inundate your thread with stupid personal criticisms and irrelevant comments - as if they're making a concerted effort to obscure any relevant information people have posted about the brand/product. If you post something negative about an item one of their favored-members is trading, they'll come along to ruin your thread and try to make you look bad. It's so petty and low-class that it's like trading boutique gear in a bohemian ghetto.
I agree 100 percent with everything you said. It's also full of paid shills. Trading is why most go there. Fuck I got a fryette ultralead on there for $1100 once. Some of those fairies have more dollars than sense.

HCAF was the best in the mid 2000's.. Topics would roll. Can't believe it died just because they changed the Forum layout..

I BELIEVE Musician's Friend bought HC and brought in Craig Anderton with some "Great" ideas. Because MF bought it, they wanted to make it family friendly and decimated the previously lenient moderation philosophy, because they didn't want some of that shit turning up in web searches tied to one of their properties. The format change and content losses were lame, but the change in management was terminal.

All IMO, of course.

Yep, I don't recall a reason for my permaban, I was just unable to log in so I could never see my account notifications. I also didn't contact anyone to try to get it reversed. Same user name as here.

I was looking on the web for something and TGP threads showed up in the search, one in which I was mentioned and someone posted my "last seen date" that was a few years before his post...so I'm guessing the fact I was permabanned isn't indicated in my profile which still existed a few years after?
One of my previous accounts got perma-bant for starting a serious thread asking why we've never seen Frank Zappa and Nikola Tesla in the same place at the same time.

TGP is duplicitous in that; you can say anything political as long as it's extreme left/gay agenda tripe.

You say anything counter to that, you get bant for making "political" comments.

You can say anything religious, as long as you're worshipping the "woke wiener".
I've ran out of email accounts to use for that place I've been banned so many times for calling them out on their wokeness

Back