Ceriatone Amp Equivalents Updated List

MistaGuitah

Since I last checked, Ceriatone has significantly expanded their amp models. Anyone have an updated list of the amp equivalents each model is based on?

Here's what i remember:

Molecular = Cameron Atomica
Leviathan = Butterslax
AH = Brown Eye
Yeti & Son Of Yeti = Their version on HG Jose circuit which Imo is still their best sounding amp.
Chupacabra = Fortin Cali
Gargoyle = Fortin Meshuggah
AFD #35 = S.I.R #34 mod probably?
King Kong = Yeti with a clean channel

Feel feel to correct me if I got something wrong.

Here's what i remember:

Leviathan = Butterslax
AH = Brown Eye
Yeti & Son Of Yeti = Their version on HG Jose circuit which Imo is still their best sounding amp.
Chupacabra = Fortin Cali

AH = Ass Hole :ROFLMAO:

Nik came up with this because of an issue with Dave. Always cracks me up.

Here's what i remember:

Leviathan = Butterslax
AH = Brown Eye
Chupacabra = Fortin Cali

I thought the King Kong was supposed to be like the Cameron ccv

Nik told me it stood for "Amplified Heaven" when I bought my kit.
I heard Dave was ragging him about copying people's circuits.. Nik said Dave does the same thing and at the time Nik had never copied a circuit in production. So he created the AH as both a copy of the BH and a stab back at Dave being an AH?

I heard Dave was ragging him about copying people's circuits.. Nik said Dave does the same thing and at the time Nik had never copied a circuit in production. So he created the AH as both a copy of the BH and a stab back at Dave being an AH?
Yeah, that circle-jerk is always a hoot.

Leo Fender copied every circuit out of the RCA radio handbook.. Marshall copied every circuit from Fender.. Friedman copied everything he's every done from Fender, Marshall, Jose Arredondo, etc...

:ROFLMAO:

Here's what i remember:

Leviathan = Butterslax
AH = Brown Eye
Chupacabra = Fortin Cali

Buterslax clone!!!!! Now this is an amp I need to get!

Yeah, that circle-jerk is always a hoot.

Leo Fender copied every circuit out of the RCA radio handbook.. Marshall copied every circuit from Fender.. Friedman copied everything he's every done from Fender, Marshall, Jose Arredondo, etc...

:ROFLMAO:
Cracks me up too. Some guys like fortin who literally copy peoples designs get SUPER upset when someone else clones their design. When peppers pedals came out with the dirty tree he was really butt hurt lol. Even though the Fortin 33 is just a clone of the tc electronics preamp lol.

It's 48-52 weeks. Call it a year.

I've got a PT-20 V2 for sale that might be up your alley.
I just sold my PT20 to save up for an SLO 30 or possibly a Mezzabarba Skill 30. I love the PT20, such an inspiring amp to play. It's certainly a serious amp and not a toy as far as I'm concerned. However, if I go the Friedman route, I'll return to either a JJ-100 or Small Box.
Cracks me up too. Some guys like fortin who literally copy peoples designs get SUPER upset when someone else clones their design. When peppers pedals came out with the dirty tree he was really butt hurt lol. Even though the Fortin 33 is just a clone of the tc electronics preamp lol.
In this time of absurd inflation, companies like Ceriatone save the day because they make what people want much more accessible. Manufacturers only think about how to raise prices and maximize profits, but never about how to make their flagship stuff more accessible. I mean, there was a time when I could squander $2,000 or $3,000 on a nice amp, but now it seems like I'll never be able to afford that stuff again. When milk costs $7 a gallon and it takes $45 to put gas in an economy car, amps and guitars that were $1000-$1500 just a couple of years ago are now $2500 or $3500. I've been wanting a Butterslax for a long time, but Friedman isn't going to come out with a dual EL34, 25w version for half the price, so Ceriatone is pretty much my only option.

Last edited:
I just sold my PT20 to save up for an SLO 30 or possibly a Mezzabarba Skill 30. I love the PT20, such an inspiring amp to play. It's certainly a serious amp and not a toy as far as I'm concerned. However, if I go the Friedman route, I'll return to either a JJ-100 or Small Box.

In this time of absurd inflation, companies like Ceriatone save the day because they make what people want much more accessible. Manufacturers only think about how to raise prices and maximize profits, but never about how to make their flagship stuff more accessible. I mean, there was a time when I could squander $2,000 or $3,000 on a nice amp, but now it seems like I'll never be able to afford that stuff again. When milk costs $7 a gallon and it takes $45 to put gas in an economy car, amps and guitars that were $1000-$1500 just a couple of years ago are now $2500 or $3500. I've been wanting a Butterslax for a long time, but Friedman isn't going to come out with a dual EL34, 25w version for half the price, so Ceriatone is pretty much my only option.
I want to know if the Leviathan has the plexi clean channel like the real deal. If u pull the trigger or ask Nik make sure to let us (me) know!

Back