John5 first show with Crue..

that's a great point about the metronome alternate picking.. it goes from feel to being perfect and loses all urgency and excitement. YJM is still exciting because although he is a machine, he just goes, doesn't worry about the exact timing. Plays early or catches up late. He also has way more exciting licks and sweeps than John5 does. I swear I can break down John5 into a series of patterns that are fixed where they are and just go up and down the neck. They really are not hard to play at all.

ALSO, look at the end of the show bow. There are a few out now... John5 is the only guy who doesn't put his arm around a stage dancer girl when they all salute. Is he afraid of his wife or something? Is he above the dancers?

I dunno about 5 and the dancers, but on the No Guitar Is Safe podcast he went on about how he really loves big tits. Something along the lines of “I don’t drink, I don’t do drugs, but there IS one thing that I really love seeing out on the road, really big tits.” and he went on for a bit about his love of big tits. Really odd podcast to do that on, too, it’s generally so G-rated whenever someone actually curses I’m shocked it’s not edited out. Someone else mentioned it somewhere, too. It was on the cuff, “Like John5 and big tits”, like it’s a known thing he’s really into big tits. Not sure I ever wrote ‘big tits’ so many times in one paragraph.

And that’s way more thought that I ever want to put into John5 putting his arm around a dancer or John5 and big tits.

It wasn't the worst thing I've seen them do over the years, but had a strong "phone it in" feel and vibe. I guess the money makes it worth putting up with each other since they all pretty much hate each other anyway. It sure beats sitting in front of a computer all day for 8-12 hours of pure stress.

Yeah, not the same without Mick, he's the only reason I had stayed interested in their live stuff in more recent times. Vince is what he is...replacing him doesn't make sense because his voice is so identifiable warts and all at this point, but Mick brought that thick tone and was always the best part of this band to me. Loved going to their concerts in the old days.

John 5's still cool and all, but just not feeling this.

Now personally the Tele under the chin look though, that really looks kinda goofy, not sure it's visually all that good of a fit. On the other hand I really don't care, not a diehard Crue fan.

It's probably his only option; dude is like 5 feet tall

Well from what I am reading here, the Crue obviously hired the wrong “gun slinger”

The only other choice that makes any sense…

Attachments

• 2AD71556-8594-4689-AC31-016B39FBEA38.jpeg
    2AD71556-8594-4689-AC31-016B39FBEA38.jpeg
    238 KB · Views: 28
  • Haha
Reactions: Geo
Back