Hagen vs VH4

Didn't load the pic for some reason
FB_IMG_1676405431343.jpg

Thank you! Both of these still have to meet the Herbert and if I hate myself enough to edit a three way shootout, I'll do a VH4, Hagen, Herbert comparison video. If I really feel like a headache, I might add the D-Moll to that
I would really like to see the D-Moll headache! It might not have the name recognition of the Herbert, but would be more of an “apples to apples” comparison to the other 100 watt VH4 and Hagen.

I've got a Stereo VH4S which I love.
I run a boost and gate in front and a 2nd gate and graphic EQ in the loop.
It's utter mayhem for modern baritone tuned metal.
I was pretty set on grabbing a Hagen to go with the VH4, but I figure the VH4 and Herbert are the classic Diezel duo for a reason, so I'm more inclined to pick up a Herbert at some stage.

@the other John Browne please do us a close comparison of the VH4 and Hagen and VH4 & Hagen & Herbert... These are the three Diezel giant !
Hagen vs VH4 will go up on the weekend. In the next few weeks I'll do Herbert vs Hagen and Herbert vs VH4 too. Eventually I'll probably make a video comparing all three or possibly Herbert vs Hagen vs VH4 vs D-Moll. I'll post them all in the "Your Diezel Videos" thread!

Hagen vs VH4 will go up on the weekend. In the next few weeks I'll do Herbert vs Hagen and Herbert vs VH4 too. Eventually I'll probably make a video comparing all three or possibly Herbert vs Hagen vs VH4 vs D-Moll. I'll post them all in the "Your Diezel Videos" thread!
Love your work mate!

I could probably relate to your clips as the Hagen being more of a feels tight but abit more unforgiving on its sound, the Hagen has more mids oriented while the VH4 is abit more scooped it's tighter compares to the Hagen, more 90s era on the VH4 while Hagen is definitely more modern... Probably even compares to the Herbert

An eye opener for me as I always thought the VH4 has a higher amount of mids... It's probably due to my unit being EL34 powered...

We're both Hagen and VH4 using KT77? I probably think so as you always makes comparison as close as possible.. just to confirm again with you... Nice video and thx for the effort we been waiting !

Last edited:
Back