Hermansson Mod

I guess this is one of those areas where many will disagree with me haha, but idk that’s what I’m consistently hearing. It’s the same problem with the Wizard’s and Fryette’s I’ve had. They’re are all still killer sounding amps overall, don’t get me wrong, not saying the clips don’t sound very good, but I really like to hear a more complete growl with each interval on those chords. Not sure how to explain it exactly

It’s kinda like when you play a chord on a strat vs a humbucker Les Paul. The strat sounds really hollow in comparison and lacks growl or hair on chords comparatively. Similar effect also if you play a humbucker with asymmetrical coils. That’s the same type of hollowness I’m hearing in those amps, just of course way way more subtle than the strat bridge pickup example, but same idea. With an amp like my purpleface, for example, if you play a chord there’s growl throughout the entire mid spectrum it seems (no holes or lacking areas)

Midrange.

I guess this is one of those areas where many will disagree with me haha, but idk that’s what I’m consistently hearing. It’s the same problem with the Wizard’s and Fryette’s I’ve had. They’re are all still killer sounding amps overall, don’t get me wrong, not saying the clips don’t sound very good, but I really like to hear a more complete growl with each interval on those chords. Not sure how to explain it exactly

It’s kinda like when you play a chord on a strat vs a humbucker Les Paul. The strat sounds really hollow in comparison and lacks growl or hair on chords comparatively. Similar effect also if you play a humbucker with asymmetrical coils. That’s the same type of hollowness I’m hearing in those amps, just of course way way more subtle than the strat bridge pickup example, but same idea. With an amp like my purpleface, for example, if you play a chord there’s growl throughout the entire mid spectrum it seems (no holes or lacking areas)
Purpleface? What amp is that?

I do have a CCV. Love them. I think I've been pretty much all set on amps. I still want a Hermansson 4 gain stage Rectifier and one of his own line amps. His stuff sounds insane!
Sorry, I no longer comment on the other brand.
Hey man!!, I hope your good man.
You ever play a Lenz?
The entire city of Nuremburg is trying to
get an amp from him.
Dude looks like a young Diamond Darrell &
a monster player.
Outta the decades of amplifiers-he’s #1.
He really gets what players are after,
The Hot Chili..is fucking crazy good, no weird nothing.
I just got a Zilla 4X12 slightly oversized with slanted top baffle with EVH Greenbacks made for it.
Omnipotence….

Hey man!!, I hope your good man.
You ever play a Lenz?
The entire city of Nuremburg is trying to
get an amp from him.
Dude looks like a young Diamond Darrell &
a monster player.
Outta the decades of amplifiers-he’s #1.
He really gets what players are after,
The Hot Chili..is fucking crazy good, no weird nothing.
I just got a Zilla 4X12 slightly oversized with slanted top baffle with EVH Greenbacks made for it.
Omnipotence….
Tell about that Lenz please. You have it? I’ve seen some videos, but understood nothing. You own one, I guess, so first hand info would be cool!

He doesn’t own the elusive larry amp grill
Schutzgitter1.jpg

Schutzgitter2.png

Schutzgitter3.png

And I did so out of mercy and pity, even though my British Purist and Rock Wizard amps don't have a rear grille, as you i.e. can see on this 2 yo. Rock Wizard that a customer recently sent me to sell on commission since he's so happy with his new DINO:

IMG_7786.jpeg

IMG_7788.jpeg

There was only one exception in the past, when a customer specifically requested a rear safety grille for an extra fee

And I did so out of mercy and pity, even though my British Purist and Rock Wizard amps don't have a rear grille, as you i.e. can see on this 2 yo. Rock Wizard that a customer recently sent me to sell on commission since he's so happy with his new DINO:

View attachment 162811

View attachment 162814

There was only one exception in the past, when a customer specifically requested a rear safety grille for an extra fee
My PMM getting built has a back grill right ?

View attachment 162811

View attachment 162814

If pity is your game, inwill send my address and you can send the rock wizard

Yes, all DINO type amps have a grille on front and rear.

The British Purist & Rock Wizard amps have a 20 mm thick plexi front, but no back grille
Hey man, what’s happening’?
No bad blood, you’re so crazy it’s awesome.
Eddie?
He’s the new Larry in Nuremburg.
You probably have an amp on order with him.
He should have designed the British Hot Rod channel.
As the days go up in a nano-flash..,
Where’s the amps man?

Hey @Smashedguitarist , did you get your Hermansson modded amp?
I got mine about three weeks ago and could not be happier with it. It's probably the amp that surprised me the most!
I was expecting a great amp for metal, but not only it's even better than what I expected it be for metal, it also kills on classic rock and hard rock stuff. I can literally nail early Slash tone (AFD) with my Les Paul.
Henric work is the best I've seen, and his customer service is beyond fantastic.
I'm still going to do a small review of my amp sometime soon, but feel free to PM me if you need more info regarding the amp.
This is the amp:

Oh man, that sounds insane!! Do you send him an amp to mod or does he have ones he sells ready to go?

Since sending amps from TN-US to Europe is way too expensive, Henric managed to find, twice, the perfect amps for the mods. So, no only he saved me money, but also the headache of finding the amps and having to ship them to him.
His customer service is one of the finest4!

Looking forward to following this thread. Every clip I hear of Henrik's amps sound really, really good... plenty of kerrang and YES.. tightness for sure... dynamics and harmonics seem great as well and he is a great builder, player and seems like a legit dude through and through. Ive debated many times grabbing a Marshall Hermansson... but most clips I see are very much rhythm based and modern, staccato type riffage...and sound great... but Im more a lead guy and just hesitant if the mods have enough 'sag', bounce and warmth for leadwork. They very well may... just not many clips or opinions on this specific area.

It's kinda why Im really diggin' my Helios... plenty tight enough... but it feels great and has some bounce when playing solos.
You are very experienced musician and you know, how things works. 👍

Back